Chapter 8: The Consultant

Sorry for the late update. I'm in a supernatural frenzie. I just started watching it and I can't stop sooooo here's the chapter.

----------

I looked from the lady that had been helping me this past half hour and to the police man in front of me.

"I-I don't know what happened, sir. I was on a boat, where I live, sorry. Lived. I lost all of my money and all I had left was the boat my father bought before he... he d-died. He was a marine biologist, Frank... and I was walking in his footsteps. We had a huge argument the day before he died." The woman who goes by Anne was standing behind me with her hands on my shoulders.

"I was eating lunch while studying some of the research I'd been collecting, and I heard a splash. I ran out to see what it was. I saw a woman in the water. The red hair... I thought she was hurt. I pulled her inside and she suddenly started laughing. She pulled a bomb out and I jumped and made it out, but my house- my everything didn't." I stopped to wipe the 'tears' from my eyes and pull the dark blue blanket tighter around me.

"I was able to swim ashore, but she kept following me. She was right on my heels, but I luckily saw this place before anything else happened." I sighed. Hopefully it was convincing enough. I used the cover from a mission I had prior to everything.

I was a marine biologist who's father had just died and I needed some assistance from a certain person. The fake death certificates were still in the system and so were my cover's files. I told him my alias.

"And what's your name, ma'am?" The officer was writing the information down on his pad of paper.

"Amelia. Amelia Hartings. H-a-r-t-i-n-g-s." I sniffled and Anne just rubbed my shoulders reassuringly.

It was hard to keep up the sad facade. I was pretty damn proud of myself to be honest. I had evaded one of the most top secret agency's top agent.

The officer walked out of the office and to the computers in the main room. He looked up my name and my fathers.

"Ma'am, do you have anyone you can contact to pick you up from here?" The man asked walking into the room.

"No, sir. My mother died when I was one and I have no other relatives. I'm by myself..." I was able to lie easily, doing it for who knows how long. The only thing is, I wasn't lying about the last sentence. Before I got to indulged in my thoughts, Anne decided to speak up.

"She can come home with me, Garry. I have an extra room. She can stay until she figures out what to do." I nodded and looked at Garry, the man who was talking to me earlier. He thought about it and nodded.

"Will Henry be ok with this?" he asked her.

"He should be. This is probably the closest we'll get to having a child."

"Ok, it's settled then. You'll stay a Anne's house until we find anything about your family or another solution." I nodded and left the small police station and to Anne's house.

---------

Natasha's POV

She was good. I'll give her that. How she knew that the town was there? No clue. As I ran through the woods surrounding the town I spoke to an agent on my ear piece.

"I lost her. Get either Fury or Coulson on my comm. And get Hill to land the chopper somewhere around here." I said heavily, due to swimming and running for a while.

"Agent Romanoff? What the hell is going on down there?!" Fury's voice boomed directly into my ear.

"She knew how to get rid of me: the victim card." I tried to explain what had happened. "She took me on the chopper and said something about not hurting anyone, and then she pushed me out of the door. I pulled my chute and was able to get it onto the landing gear. I saw Hill with a grappling gun pulling herself up with the gun. She stalled until I was able to pull myself up. Daniels jumped out of the copter and I slit her pack. She made it to the water and into a town. She said I was 'Trying to kill her'. Her words. I had to run. They would've arrested me." I stopped and put my left arm on a tree and my right hand on my knee.