philosopher's stone

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

HEADMASTER: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Kim,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

➻➻➻

NAYEON (NOÉMIE) KIM

NAYEON (NOÉMIE) KIM

aka émie, nona

❝ jimin i don't think that's how it works- ❞

❝ nothing works anyway! ❞

❝ strangely accurate. ❞

➻➻➻

nayeon kim. an artist with the heart of an explorer and an even bigger heart for an adventure. if you ask her what she did last night, she could go on for hours about the beauty of the astronomy towers or the long line of paintings in some faraway corridor. there's always somewhere she hasn't been. if she's super excited she might even accidentally blabber a little french, something her friends honestly don't really appreciate.

"nona, i know french is cool but no one here speaks a word." one of her friends said when she went off on a ramble about how one of the paintings could speak french during a potions class.

"oops, sorry. as i was saying, the wizard in that painting said he helped build the notre dame of paris of the 12th century!" nayeon gushed, clearly fascinated by this bit of history.

her friends could only sigh; it seemed nayeon was the only person they ever knew to be this excited by old facts. not even professor binn was ever this excited. he must have gotten bored of his seemingly never-ending notes from what seems like the 16th century. now they watched her skeptically as she grabbed a bottle of salamander blood.

"nayeon, are you sure you don't want us to help with your potion?"

"i think i'll be okay today!"

"nayeon no-"

it was evident she hadn't read the part about adding until the potion to turned red and had probably added too much. the contents of her cauldron were now changing colour rapidly from red to pink to turquoise to green without any sign of slowing down. nayeon glanced sheepishly at her friends.

"oops?"

the potions master, professor juniper, just happened to be passing by and gave a slight shake of her head in disapproval though the corners of her lips were turned up in amusement. nayeon sighed as her friends absolutely refused to let her add the ingredients herself. most of the ingredients were already prepared so she just stirred absent-mindedly, plotting the next part of the castle she should explore tonight if she had enough energy left. nayeon would just have to stick it out for her last year of potions and then she'd be free. considering she has never been through a practical potions lesson without a mistake of some sort, it was a miracle how she hasn't failed the subject yet. her thoughts wandered to her first potions class, which was absolutely disastrous but hilarious. the potions master for her class let them all brew a very simple potion to get a taste of potions class and then made everyone do enough assignments about ingredient properties and potion history to make even the brightest student grumble before they were allowed to even think about the many ways to screw up their next potion. nayeon was absolutely fabulous at (and also famous for) following the wrong directions. at the end of her lesson, professor juniper pulled her aside.

"nayeon, your grades are worrying. i think you need to find a tutor if you don't want to repeat potions."

"professor, you have to repeat if you fail?"

"yes nayeon. yes."

➻➻➻

welcome to hogwarts 8jolie8! i really liked the simplicity of your form and how everything ties in neatly together ♡

friendly reminder that everyone who applies will still get a part in this applyfic (accepted or not) so don't think i will completely boot your character and your hard work out! y'all forms still amazing and it was really hard to choose... ㅠㅡㅠ