chamber of secrets

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

HEADMASTER: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Baek,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

➻➻➻

JOOHEE BAEK

JOOHEE BAEK

aka baek, heehee

❝ hey look who i found sunbathing in the courtyard this morning! this cute spider! ❞

❝ what in tarnation is th- ❞

❝ wait no hoseok, why are you running!? ❞

➻➻➻

baek joohee. her professors used to worry about her punctuality when she suddenly turned up late to every lesson for a few weeks at the start of every academic year.

"i took the first years on the scenic route." she would always say with an unwavering smile.

"oh my god joohee you're always so late though!" her friends laughed after watching her come into the room late.

"well i can't leave all the poor first years to get lost! remember when we first got lost? the seventh year we asked told us to piss off!" joohee rolled her eyes.

"of course joohee! it was a slytherin, what did you expect?"

joohee frowned and turned her attention back to the professor. it wasn't her fault that she was a muggleborn and the slytherins she met all seemed to hate her just because of her heritage. joohee just wanted an adventure. she loved the thrill and suspense of sneaking out late to explore the castle. there was the rumour of something legendary called the 'marauder's map' created by 4 like-minded gryffindors years ago and honestly, she could really do with that map. who knows how many more rooms were waiting to be explored by her and future students? she'd always invite nayeon from ravenclaw to explore the castle, two unlikely students from different houses sneaking out. the pair of them met in second year in herbology being paired up and they instantly hit off from there. they liked to cause a bit of mischief during one of their many exploration nights every now and then. joohee would be satisfied when the next morning came, rumours circulating about who charmed the house flags to switch designs again.

"joohee, did you or did you not do that?" even if her friends were trying to scold her, it was obvious they were also amused by this prank.

"maybe i did or maybe i didn't." she giggled, instantly giving away the answer.

behind an exterior so sweet it could give anyone diabetes, was her mischievous inner self. it wasn't entirely evil or looking for unwanted trouble all the time, it loved to see the students play detective and try to figure out the mastermind. or rather, masterminds. potions was her favourite lesson to pull a few pranks in. she remembered an entire potions drama that occured in a week a few years ago. a seemingly harmless dare given by another hufflepuff could not go wrong, right? actually both right and wrong; joohee pulled it off at the cost of her grades. most students would have already made their friends and enemies by the end of first year and joohee was no different. the girl she was assigned to be partners with ticked her off so much. her annoying nasally voice echoed in her mind every lesson, she loved to show off and there was no counting how many times she'd brag about brewing a potion perfectly without any help even though joohee was only allowed by her to prepare the ingredients. hence her dare. dragon blood was exchanged for salamander blood. powdered asphodel had lavender mixed in. the potion would be stirred an extra 5 times when her back was turned. there was no end to joohee's sabotaging which led her very offcourse in class and to this day, she still struggles to catch up. completely worth being an expert in sabotaging potions (but mostly her own) though. the harrowing voice of her desperate potions master echoed at the back of her mind now.

"you're in need of a tutor if you want to catch up, young lady."

➻➻➻

welcome to hogwarts fxxk_no! your form was absolutely a blast to read so don't worry about it not making sense! joohee is a precious bean that should probably be shielded from the world lmao (also the interactions with hoseok is just too uwu ♡)