Chapter 6

"Eyes forward, stance low and focus your eye on the prey. If you don't focus they can sense it." Mahkah ordered in my ear as he positioned me correctly.

I was learning how to hunt! It wasn't really natural for an omega to know how to hunt, but it's only the two of us on this mountain so it was absolutely harmless. I took a deep breath and focused my eyes on the brown rabbit playing near the clearing entrance. My canines started to push through my gums and my mouth was watering. My wolf took over running full speed at the little creature. Suddenly I was face down in a patch of dirt. I looked up to see the rabbit gone and an amused looking Mahkah shaking his head.

I scowled brushing the dirt out of my hair. "That's not funny I tried so hard this time," I whined.

"First of all stop pouting predators don't pout." He brought me down so we both were squatting. Pointing at a deer that was grazing peacefully. His claws were out and so were his teeth, Mahkah gave me a final smirk before he was at the deer in a blink of an eye. How the hell did he do that? The deer's sounds of distress faded leaving the clearing quiet. Mahkah came back dragging the bloody deer with a triumphant smile on his face.

"That my little tiger is how you hunt."

Little tiger? Why did my heart feel like it was going to explode?

Must be the exhaustion from hunting all day getting to me.

"Lair" My wolf teased.

I frowned. My wolf was really starting to piss me off. He never takes my feelings into consideration when it comes to personal and touchy things. He even tried to get me to mate with Mahkah last night. I swear if he wasn't me I would have stabbed him.

"Don't frown like that tiger it makes you ugly and no one want's an ugly omega."

Sometimes I wish I could stab him too.

"Where did you learn how to hunt like that? I've never seen any alpha move that fast" Even the head hunters weren't that fast.

"When I was six my dad and I would always go hunting. He thought me everything I know. He wanted me to be a top hunter just like him. Then when mom died the bastard left me all alone. I was only eight surviving on my own. The other alphas would try to push me around when he left but I pushed harder. I worked my ass off until I was the strong enough. Then at my ranking ceremony, I became a warrior. I rejected my father's wish of me being a hunter. After that day I dealt with everyone who even looked at me wrong. I was feared Tarlo and I loved every single second of it." He morbidly explained before tearing the dear's head off with his bare hands.

I just wanted to know where he learned how to hunt but this made me feel uneasy. Why would a father just abandon their child? Was the pain of losing his mate too much to handle? As much as my father and I buck heads I could never see him abandoning me. Mahkah was shaking violently, digging his claws into his palms causing blood to pour out.

I grabbed his hands that were mixed with both deer blood and his, wrapping them around my small waist to stop him from hurting himself. "You know when I meet you I would never have thought you would be the type to share personal moments with anyone." I cringed at my horrible attempt to lighten the mood.

"I'm not and that's what bugs me. You keep getting under my skin Tarlo. My wolf wants to tell you things, things I've never told anyone. I'm losing myself when I'm around and I fucking hate it!"

I was speechless. What was that suppose to mean? Did he like being around me or did he hate me for making him feel this way?. I was so confused.

"I never opened up to anybody not even damn Iris!" Mahkah was now frantic.