Chapter 6

The sky is dark and cloudy today. It's also very warm. I could just smell the rain coming. If I could, I would stay outside all day without a care in the world. But that's just impossible at the moment.

Today, there's nothing but strict training. That means no brakes, and no slacking. Even if we start bleeding on our backs for carrying heavy rocks, there'll be no exceptions.

I hate having the idea in my head. It's like I'm a different person now. Everyone has to change though. Even if they don't want to, right?

Coach Shadis is outside with us. Training us until we're not able to lift a finger. Multiple crunches and push ups had to be done. Hand to Hand combat had to be done as well.

"Mikasa, can you push me down?" "Sure." I teamed up with Mikasa so that this would be a little easier, but I guess I was wrong. Nothing is easy. "Does this hurt?"

"No. Not at all." I'm glad that she's concerned about me. She's like an older sister. "That's it. You're already touching the ground." "Thanks."

I got up off of the ground and stretched. My legs and thighs are sore. But I'm sure it's worth it. Just a couple of more years, and we'll be out of here, and into the real world.

"Marisa, can you stretch my legs farther apart?" "Alright." I went over to Mikasa and sat down across from her. It seems like she wants to be able to be flexible so that she could move around easily during the real thing.

"Agh!" "I-I'm sorry!" "No, it's alright. Keep going." I pushed her legs a little further apart, but she was already finished. She can't do this exercise for now.

"-sigh-Damn it." She was trying to massage her thighs to ease the pain. "Let me help you." "No. It's okay." I backed up a little and let her continue what she was doing.

"Alright. It's your turn." "Okay." She did the same exercise with me. However, I was able to do a split. "Good job. I would say 'Let's take a break', but orders are orders." "Right."

As I stood right back up, I felt a drop of water on my nose. I looked up, and the rain started to pour down. Coach Shadis told us to keep going. But, I don't think that was necessary.

If one of us is struck by lightning, the blood shed will be on his hands. I bent over and touched both of my feet. I felt a sharp pain in my back when I rolled back up. But I just ignored it.

"You're belly only has a small amount of muscles." Mikasa said. "I know. But, you could see a little in the center."

I wouldn't want to become completely ripped like Mikasa though. If I did have that much muscle, when I have a baby, it would all turn to belly fat.

"It's soaking wet out here. I wish I had that scarf." Mikasa started to remove her scarf from her neck. "Would you like to use it?"

"Are you sure? Would it be okay?" Ignoring my words, she laid the scarf on my head and tied it around my chin. She started to do more crunches on the damp grass.

"Thank you..." She stopped for a second. "Your welcome." She continued to do her crunches. I should start doing exercises myself. I threw my leg into the air and caught it with my hand. It looks like I'm a entertainer.

I slowly let go of my leg, and let it drop. I then did the same thing in the back. It was difficult though. I tried not to break my bone.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I suddenly let go of my leg in the back. I looked to the side to see Jean. I looked straight ahead and continued what I was doing. "What is it?"

"Don't get worked up. I was just coming to say Hi." I looked to the side and saw how toned and muscular he was. "Um, do you mind putting on a shirt?"