the glory is in you.

i was more than enough that they were not able to carry me

;

i drown myself in rose water at attempts of washing every bit of the touches you left engraved on my skin.

but your legacy does not seem to fade, and it is leaving scars.

evident scars from the pain you circled me in, and i ask myself,
'if the love between you and i hurt, was it really love?'

i constantly ask myself this question ever since i came to a realization that i let you know the parts of me you did not deserve to know.

the parts of me i were always conscious of people knowing, and now that you know those parts of me i want to erase every part of me.

i want to design a new and whole me.

i want to fill the spaces you took ages ago with self adornment and prosperity.

i want to dagger in my mind the fact that the good moments you share with someone are a manipulation of thoughts you think will last for eternity.

but they don't and i have come to
understand that.

i now know that true happiness is something that can only be offered to yourself from yourself, and it becomes certainly visible.

you will look at me and notice the beauty that dances across my melanin filled skin.

the beauty that belongs to me, not you.

the beauty that you cannot take from me because i am learning to love me.

and that is biggest evolution known to self.