Chapter Two

Trey

She lived in an upper-middle-class neighborhood. It was a traditional intermediate two-story home. When I knocked on the door, someone else answered--a young lady who looked like Dayja except she was shorter and full-figured. Smiling, she let me in. After closing the door, she held out her hand. "Hi, I'm Tamera, Dayja's younger sister."

"Hi. I'm--" I shook her hand.

"Oh trust me, I know exactly who you are?" she interrupted, tilting her head. She took me in with her eyes.

"Ahem," I cleared my throat, placing my free hand in a fist, up to my mouth.

"I can't believe you're standing here in our place." She looked down at my hand, releasing it. "Would you like something to drink?"

"No thank you."

"Okay, do you want to come in the family room and have a seat?"

"Sure." She sat down on the black couch with one hand on her cheek, watching me as I ambled toward it. She patted the empty space. What are her intentions? I lowered myself onto the couch.

"So, Trey tell me, what are you and Dayja's plans for today?"

"We'll probably go and get something to eat, ride around town, get to know each other--you know," I said, moving my head slightly back and forth.

"Can you sing something for me?" Her request felt like it was out of the blue.

"Do you think your sister would mind?"

"Of course not. We share everything anyway."

"Huh?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know why I said that. I wasn't referring to men or anything." She chuckled.

"Okay, maybe next time."

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm a fan."

"Thank you."

"So can I get a hug?"

"Can we wait until Dayja comes down?"

"Sure."

A few minutes later, Dayja glided downstairs looking stunning in her form fitted jeans, red top, and red heels. Her curves were amazing and so was her smile. She waltzed into the living room. I stood up and she gave me a hug.

"Wow." I cupped my chin between my thumb and forefinger, nodding in awe.

"Thanks."

Her sister stood up. "Dayja, can I get a hug from Trey?"

"Sure. If he doesn't mind," she said, pleading with her eyes.

I hugged her sister. She tightly returned the gesture. I groaned as the breath exited my body. This went on for a couple of seconds, although I wanted it to end sooner.

"Okay, Tamera you can let him go now," said Dayja.

She smiled and released me. I took in a deep breath, filling my lungs with air.

"Nice meeting you," she said, extending her hand again.

I shook it.

When she released my hand, Dayja said good-bye to her sister, and we walked out the front door.

While riding in the car, we decided to get breakfast, since it was our first meal of the day. Then we chose the restaurant we wanted to dine in. Connecting my phone to the car, I turned on the music and we talked.