yugyeom sat in his room, alone and scared. he sat curled into himself with a blanket over his entire body while on his bed, holding his favorite stuffed animal-- a little fox. his older brother had given it to him when he was much younger.

a loud rumble boomed outside, scaring the younger even more than before. tears rolled down his face just as fast as the raindrops that were falling from the sky. he let out choked sobs, knowing no one would hear him crying due to no one else being home.

yugyeom has always hated rain. his parents or older brother would have to stay with him while there was a storm outside due to how scared he was- that was when yugyeom lived with them. he was now 19, out of his parents house. yugyeom didn't live alone but his roommates were currently not home.

he sat there on his bed, yellow blanket never uncovering him as he sobbed into his stuffed fox. his fear of thunder and lightning growing stronger with every sound and flash of light. he prayed his friends would come home soon so he could go curl up to one of them. they all knew of yugyeoms fear but the storms have never lasted this long and he hasn't been alone long enough for him to enter this state of being.

the sound of the door clicking and mumbled voices caused yugyeom to feel a wave of relief. yugyeom wanted to run downstairs to his hyungs but he couldn't. he was too scared to move his body off his bed. this caused him to cry louder. lucky for him, one of his hyungs was down the hall and heard him, rushing to the younger boys room.

"yugyeom?" the male said in a panic. he opened the door and saw a large bump on the bed. he heard a choked sob come from the bed. the older boy closed the door and rushed over to the boy under the blanket, sitting down and pulling the blanket away.

"j-jinyoung h-h-hyung?" yugyeom choked. the sight of the younger crushed jinyoungs heart into pieces. yugyeoms eyes were red and puffy as well as his lips from the younger trying to stop the sobs from leaving his body, tears stained and were falling on his cheeks. jinyoung wrapped his arms around the crying boy and held him in his arms, shushing him by whispering comforting words into his hair.

they both leaned back, now laying on the bed. jinyoung still held yugyeom in his arms, yugyeom shaking in his hold. "hyungs got you gyeomie. hyung loves you, so much." the words calmed down yugyeom more than his hyung would ever knew.

soon enough, yugyeom fell asleep in jinyoungs arms, yugyeoms stuffed animal squished between the two males on the bed. at the same time, the thunder and lighting had stopped while the rain just quietly continued. jinyoung rubbed the youngers back as he held him. before he knew it, he felt himself growing tired. he closed his eyes and fell asleep while holding yugyeom in his arms.