♥Four♥

When she'd finished and received praises from everyone for playing, she parted from the castle. Boris decided they'd walk back to the amusement park so he could have more time with her. She turned her music on on her phone, which of course earned strange looks and questions from Boris. She sighed as she clenched and unclenched her fists. Her hands felt weird now that she'd used them for something other than fighting for once. Boris noticed her and he smiled. 

"Feeling different?"He asked. Kayleigh glanced at him. She looked down at her hands.

"My hands feel funny....The last time I played piano I was thirteen,"Kayleigh answered. He hummed at her. She sighed and lowered her hands, frowning at the dirt path in front of them. Her hair swayed with her as she walked, and Boris watched her from his height. 

"You're short,"he suddenly said. Kayleigh glared at him coldly. He held his hands up in defense. "I'm just saying, I think that's what makes you so cute, partially." Kayleigh sighed and rolled her eyes. She crossed her arms. 

"I'm not cute, you people are all just blind,"Kayleigh replied. Boris rose an eyebrow. 

"How are we blind if that's what we see?"Boris asked her. She sighed hard. 

"Is that a riddle? It's simple. You people have an obvious fascination with outsiders, I saw that with how you reacted around Arianell. The fact of the matter is, if I was a natural wonderland citizen, you would never react about me the same way you do now,"Kayleigh told him. He felt annoyance poke at his heart. Kayleigh looked down at the path. "I hate to be called cute.." He stopped, staring at her. She stopped too and turned around, looking back at him. 

"Why do you hate that? You take other compliments with ease...but cute seems to be the one thing you don't like,"Boris spoke. Kayleigh slowly looked down. She sighed hard. 

"Bad things happen to everyone. As a result of that, some people avoid certain things at all costs,"Kayleigh told him. She looked back up. "In my world, my friends wouldn't have been caught dead calling me cute. They all knew that it bothered me, and the only person who did was my rival until I beat the crap out of him for it." Kayleigh crossed her arms, hugging herself. 

"You know, all that coldness you're putting out will freeze you over,"Boris told her, sighing. She stiffened. Boris gazed at her for a moment and then closed his eyes. "Being as cold as ice isn't bad, but you should watch it before your ice spreads." Kayleigh stayed silent for a moment. Boris sighed hard. 

"I don't need compliments like the word "cute". Kittens are cute. I'm not." Boris perked up at the word "kittens."

"You think I'm cute?"

"You're a full-sized cat, not a kitten,"Kayleigh retorted. He pouted at her, his ears and tail drooping. Kayleigh blushed, looking away. He blinked. He suddenly got a mischievous grin, walking close to her. He bent down and looked up at her, crouching in front of her. 

"Do you wanna pet me?"He asked. Kayleigh's red shade deepened. "You do, huh? Go ahead. I don't mind~!" Kayleigh stood still for a moment. She sighed and reached out, placing her hand on the top of his head. He closed his eyes. She blinked in surprise. His hair is soft...he really is like a cat. She pet his hair and over his ears. She suddenly jerked to a stop when she realized that he'd started purring. No, holy crap. He's not a cat, he's a human too. Ugh, I'm an idiot! She pulled away, her face even redder than it had been before. He blinked up at her. "Hmmm? Why'd you stop, I was enjoying that!"

"B-B-Because you're not just a cat!"Kayleigh hissed at him. She clenched her fist by her side. "You're a human too!" Boris chuckled. He stood upright and reached out, pinching her cheek gently.