Prologue

"Thanks driver." The girl spoke as she stepped off the 76 bus and onto the pavement owned by the bus stop. The driver was fond of this regular girl, travelling for over an hour on his bus every working day at 8pm.

She flicked her auburn locks out of her eyes, gazing up at the dreary, grey sky and letting a single sigh emit from her painted mouth. It was 'summer' in Scotland, the month of July and the weather was dreich.

So much for lighter nights, the girl thought with an accompanying eye-roll.

Straightening her bag on her shoulder, she began the trek home, up hills and round corners, before finally reaching her red-bricked flat in a street called Oakwood.

She lived in the outskirts of Glasgow city, in a small neighbourhood where every person knew every Tom, Dick and Harry's business. The girl had been living there for almost three years. She was paying her rent and bills alone, attending university and feeding and clothing herself through her job as a waitress in a busy restaurant in the centre of Glasgow town.

The Finnieston, was a restaurant and bar on Argyle street. The girl loved it there, it was open to all ages, whether you were a young adult looking for a good time with friends, a family coming in for a meal, or an elderly couple looking for a quiet drink - everyone was welcome. As well as that, the atmosphere was fantastic - although it was in the city's centre, there was hardly any trouble and everyone was friendly.

The girl was standing under a street-light now, rummaging in her bag for her keys and cursing herself when she remembered she had put them in her pocket on the bus. She firmly closed her bag, keeping it tucked tight to her side and extracted her keys, having them ready for unlocking her own door. She quickly keyed in the code for the main door and stepped inside the cold lobby.

Slamming the door shut behind her, making sure it was locked, the girl began to climb the three flights of stairs. When she finally reached her door, number 32, she shoved her key in the door and hurriedly unlocked it, stepped in and shut and locked it once more. She looked around her flat and a smile crept onto her face. She had tried to make the old flat her own when she had first moved in and there were paintings hung on the wall and carpets lying on the floor. In the cupboards you would find painted mugs and plates and on the shelves you would find classics like Harry Potter and The Wind In The Willows. But one thing you would not find would be pictures. The girl didn't have any pictures hanging on the wall and she didn't have any in frames, nor did she even have any tucked away in photo albums. No pictures of her, no images of her family and no captured memories of moments to cherish. There was simply, nothing.

Slipping her shoes off her feet and her jacket from around her shoulders, the girl collapsed onto the couch. Glad to finally be home after a long day.

--

Hey! So I'm aware this is short, but it's meant to be bc it's just a prologue to give u some background info and shiz :)

I hope you like my fic bc im pretty excited to write it :) I have already written about 10 chapters and I have a pretty clear picture in my head of what this is going to be like :)

My main inspiration for writing is After, so I would definitely recommend that series if you haven't already read it. If you have then.... GO HESSA :D

anyways..

ENJOY

VOTE

COMMENT

Anna X