Chapter 2 - Footsteps and Laughter

Aurora's P.O.V

Heavy footsteps and laughter

"So, what's the deal with Harry? "

There were a few seconds of silence after I had voiced my curiosity. I started to feel like I may have offended him or something because I think their friends?

So, I turned to look at River , only to find an amused expression covering his features. I breathed a sigh of relief that I wasn't going to have an argument with my roommate to be.

Finally though, River turned to me, with a sly smirk on his face and replied " wouldn't you like to know". At this I blushed like Ian Somerhalder had just called me beautiful or something *swoon*.

"-rora, Aurora, Aurora !"

"Huh?" I looked up from my daze to see River maniacally waving his hand in front of my face. Hmmm I really need to stop daydreaming about Ian Somerhalder... Haha ,yeah , sure! He's too perfect. That would be like trying to listen to Jake Bugg without subconsciously trying to suffocate myself or something!

"AURORA!"

Shit I've done it again! Damn Ian Somerhalder's dreamy dreaminess!

"Shit! Sorry, I'm a little bit tired I guess" I grinned innocently

"It's cool, did you have a long drive or something? "

"Yeah, something like that..."

Not so much a long journey as all the late nights I've had to endure lately.

"Cool, well we're almost at the flat, it's just like 2 more flights up. By the way did anyone give you a key yet?"

"Nope" I said popping the "p".

"Okay well I think I asked sunshine up there to get you one made so hopefully he got out of his cave for once and actually did something I asked." River said chuckling.

"Sunshine?" I said giggling

"Harry" he said without further explanation as we stopped in front of flat 32A. My new home for a while...

"Ahh good old irony" I said just as River pulled out his keys and unlocked the door. I received a bright smile (you know the kind where your eyes crinkle and light up) in return and a deep chuckle. I blushed slightly and moved forwards in to my new apartment. As I went to set my bags down next to the door I tripped over , what I think was a pair of converse?, and went flying about 20 feet in the air.

"AHH!"

I was expecting to hit the floor but instead I was steadied by a strong pair of arms -very toned arms might I add. I looked up to find River with a relieved/amused clouding his pretty blue eyes. I smiled sheepishly and blushed. Hard.

"Steady there, babe. I know I'm irresistible but you could at least wait a day or something before you start falling for my charming self" River said humorously. I let out a melodious laugh as I tried to steady myself but he wouldn't let me.

"You wish, babe." I said shooting him a wink whilst trying to mock him. He just laughed harder and his eyes lit up to a bright blue , oceany colour. Wow he has pretty eyes... River stopped laughing and just looked over my face. I blushed while looking at him with a shy smile. Suddenly I heard wolf whistling from in front of us and immediately River and I hushed apart. I looked up to see Lennon and Niall watching u from the end of the hall with amused expressions. I shot them a shrug and a "whatever" kind of look before turning to River.

"I'm just gonna go get settled in to my room... Which one is it by the way?"

"Just follow me" River said with a smile. I did as told and followed River down the hall - which was really nicely painted with pictures of the boys and various other people covering the length of it- to the last room at the end of the corridor with another room adjacent to it.