Chapter 1

"Have you finished?" The voice asks as I walk through the door and into the menacing office. I've always wondered who the person on the other side of that big chair was. "Yes sir" I say with a grin on my face. There is nothing as fun as this job, though other people may not agree. "Good. I'll send someone to pick up the body and erase minds in an hour." He says. The voice is low and rumbles around the room. "As for you, this next job is excruciatingly important. Now please sit, so I may tell you your new job."

As I sit, I think about spinning the chair around, but decide that if my boss wants his privacy he should get it, As any boss should. It's none of my buisness anyway I tell myself. I'm just here to get my next job. Nothing more.

I start to look around the dark room to distract myself. The only light in the room is the lamp on the desk in front of me but I can still see, the monorathic side of me made sure of that. The room is small and tidy. There are a few filing cabinets, neat and well taken care of. Other than the desk, cabinets, and chairs the room is empty. A few papers, a laptop, and a printer are on the desk as well as the lamp.

"Beck Whyte, your next mission, is to kill a female monorathic human." he tells me. My mouth falls open. A girl. I have to kill a girl. And not just any girl, a monorathic girl. A being with extraordinary powers, powers in which not even male monorathics have. A monorathic male has night vision, fast healing, invisibility, able to cut plant life down just by looking at it, stopping things quickly, and being able to resist other monorathics to some extent. To be a girl monorathic means to be capable of things no one has ever thought of and these things can be extremely dangerous. Each one has a different set capabilities. Which means each one is a different kind of deadly.

"She lives in a small town in Oklahoma called Orholt. As usual you will be provided with a plane ticket, seeing as we are currently in Texas, a rental car, a room in the Orholt hotel, her profile, extra money, your pay check, and directions from Oklahoma City to Orholt." He states."There is only one thing you need to know. This is not a mission." My stomach jolts. I know what this means."As you must know, each agent takes a test when they are seventeen and a half. And since your half birthday was a week ago this mission has become your test and if you fail this test, you will be fired from the SCA (the secret creatures agency) and someone else will be sent to kill her instead." He says mildly.

So if I don't kill this monstrous and deadly girl, I could loose the best job in the world? I can't let that happen. Can I?