Poltergeist • 5sos AU **ON HOLD**

"I see dead people."

Usually, when people say that, it's a joke. They do it for fun, just to see if anyone falls for it. Its not a joke. Not for Charlotte. She's only ever told three people; her brother, and his friends. She didn't want this life. No one does, but it just happens. She didn't even WANT to tell them, but they wouldn't leave her alone. It started with tiny scratches and sightings when she was a toddler. Now, its a whole lot worse. Its deep cuts, burns, and bruises, that many people think are self inflicted. She sees dead people every day. From the moment she wakes up -if she even was asleep- to the moment she forces herself to take those pills. That's her story, but most people just think she's crazy. Her parents can't bear the sight of her, and most people just stare and whisper. "Isn't she that crazy girl on Whitmore Lane?" Frankly, Charlotte was tired of it. Tired of being called crazy. Until that one night, where everything changed.

Charlotte was just lying in bed with her eyes closed as she thought. The room temperature dropped and goosebumps immediately appeared on her skin. She quickly opened her eyes, sitting up as she scanned the room. A shadow appeared in the corner; a pale teenage boy. He had a smirk on his face as he leaned against the wall, neither of them saying anything. The boy let out a chuckle as he stalked towards her, crawling onto the bed. Charlotte's eyes widened as she quickly scooted away, her back hitting the bed and her heart beating wildly.

"So.. Charlotte. Nice name." He smirked as he layed back, resting his arms behind his head.

"H-How do you know my name?!" Charlotte whispered, knocking she was too weak to raise her voice.

"Its on the wall." He raised an eyebrow, holding back a laugh as Charlotte cocked her head to the side before spotting her name painted onto the left wall of the room.

"Hmm.. I see you're a fan of art?" The boy got up, inspecting the scattered papers pinned throughout the room, but a single one catching his eye. A drawing of a boy, a boy that looked all too familiar to him. He unpinned the paper, furrowing his eyebrows as he realized it was him. It was like staring into a mirror.

"What's your name?" Charlotte squeaked, sitting up better. The boy simply looked up at her, as if he was contemplating whether or not to reveal his identity.

"All in time, love." He set the paper beside before approaching her, grasping her wrists tightly. Charlotte winced, whimpering as he squeezed. He only smirked, ducking down to softly suck on her neck. She shut her eyes tightly, balling up her fists.

"This is just a dream, he isn't real Charli.." Charlotte whispered to herself, repeating it over and over. The unknown boy smirked to himself, pulling away to blow lightly on the dark hickey he'd left behind.

"Oh, but it isn't a dream, Darling." he chuckled darkly, softly nipping around the sensitive area before pulling away to reveal his pitch black eyes. Charlotte gasped, thrashing around wildly.

"L-leave me a-alone! P-Please!"

Poof. And just like that, he was gone. The only evidence of him ever being there was the large, dark hickey resting on her neck.