Chapter 1: Pain

Chapter 1: Pain

    Charlotte winced as her jeans rubbed over her legs, irritating the cuts scattered across them. She bit her lip, holding back tears as she wondered to herself; Why me? What did I ever do to deserve this? Her thoughts were cut short as she spotted her boyfriend, Corey, approaching her with a look of disappointment. A frown was sketched upon her face as she opened her mouth but was cut off by Corey whispering sorrowfully.

"You cut again, didn't you?" He glanced at her covered wrists sadly. It was the only way she could keep it a secret; getting cuts and bruises all of the sudden, with no explanation. Charlotte nodded, hiding her guilt as she responded to her dear boyfriend.

"I-I.. Yeah, I just.. Things weren't exactly good this weekend." Charlotte sighed, hoping he would let it go. Corey looked up at her, softly grabbing her wrists and bringing them up to his mouth and planting small, delicate kisses on them. Charlotte felt a blush on her cheeks as he did so, still not used to him doing this. After all, they've been dating for around three months. Corey was her best friend, and wanted to be more. Charlotte felt the same, so that's how it happened. Corey rarely even kissed her, afraid she didn't want the same. Charlotte was cut from her thoughts as the bell rang, signaling she had to go to class. Sigh. Before she entered her classroom, she made eye contact with a very pale, transparent girl that had a smirk painted on her lips. Charlotte gasped, doing a double take, only to find the girl had disappeared into thin air. Literally.

-•~•-

Luke glared at his friend, Priscilla, as she laughed.

"So you're mad at me because she saw me?" Priscilla raised an eyebrow, emitting a growl from Lucas, "You're the one who watches her every night, standing in the shadows as she desperately tries to sleep!"

"That's not the point," Luke snapped, pointing a finger at her as he continued, "You know you aren't supposed to make yourself visible!"

"And you don't know? Im new!" Priscilla scoffed, "You visit her every night, as I said before, and it's creepy!"

"And that's coming from you, a worthless ghost!" Luke snarled, "At least I can make contact with people, and actually scare them! You can't do anything but make yourself visible to the human eye!"

"I'm new!" Priscilla gasped, glaring at the blonde haired Aussie, "I'm still learning!"

"Face it, Priss! You have no business in the afterlife!" Luke chuckled darkly, "You shouldn't be here, you should be in heaven!"

"Don't call me that! I've never allowed anyone to call me Priss!" Priscilla sneered, her eyes watering as memories played in her mind, "And you're right! I should've gone to heaven! But instead, I'm stuck with an ignorant asshole! What did I do to deserve this?!"

She cut Luke off as he began to speak.

"You know what?! Fuck. You." Priscilla growled, flipping him off before disappearing. Luke scowled, sitting down on the beat up couch, dust particles coming loose as he did so. This is fucked up, Luke sighed as he thought to himself.

-•~•-

Luke smirked as he stood in the corner of the room, watching Charlotte toss and turn in her sleep. He loved hearing her whimper, hearing her cry out. He was causing those nightmares. The ones that broke her. Charlotte, on the other hand, absolutely despised them. She hated that nightmare. The same one, every single night. She was pinned down by a boy not much older than her. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, and a lip piercing. Of course she thought he was attractive, but she had a boyfriend, and in that dream, he wasn't pleasant to have around. Charlotte is being pinned down by the boy, sobbing softly as she thrashes around. The boy seemed to feed off of her energy, and obviously didn't care what she thought of him. He chuckled as he nipped around her jawline, pressing her wrists above her head tightly. Charlotte hissed in pain as a pop was heard, pain shooting into her wrist and arm.