hansol stopped his tracks and turned his body around, eyes glued on her petite figure. she noticed it and soon lifted her gaze from the ground, looking up at the tall guy in front of her. hyun saw him biting his lower lip, a common gesture of nervousness. she heard him clearing his throat, then asks her with his wobbly voice, "hey, i know this sounds weird or something, but can i hold your hand?"

"yeah, s-sure." she stuck out her hand, her lips quirking up to form an awkward grin. with brightened eyes, hansol soon took it and intertwined their fingers together, which successfully made her heart skipped a beat. she glanced over her shoulder, noticing how his gaze was constantly peeking at their hands, beaming from ear to ear. what a cutie pie, she thought.

they strolled around the park with peace, no words were uttered from their mouths. it was rather awkward than peaceful though. their hands were both trembling, the only thing the could hear is most probably their heartbeats. hansol admitted that the moment their hands touched made him stop breathing for a while.

"y-your hand," he pauses, turning his head sideways to avoid her questioning gaze looking at him. "is really soft. and, and smooth too. i-i'm sorry if i'm being a creep now, but--"

he stopped babbling when she let out a hearty laugh. it was such a beautiful melody for his ears that made his head turned to her. hyun was laughing her heart out, covering her face with her small hand. "have anyone told you that you're a huge cutie pie, hansol-ssi?"

●○●○●○●○●○

"can i open now?"

hyun peeked, opening her eyes slightly even though it was clear that hansol warned her not to. she saw him rushing towards her, with something in his hand. shocked, she quickly covered her eyes using her hands and a soft gasp escaped from her mouth. she acted like nothing happened and asks him once again, "hansol-ssi?"

clearing his throat, he makes sure everything is perfect for the last time before saying,"alright, you can open your eyes now." she did what he told her. hansol was grinning shyly at her, with a red rose in his hand. hyun furrowed her brows at him, as her gaze went up to her face. "what's this?"

she took a step closer and grabbed the rose from his hand

she took a step closer and grabbed the rose from his hand. hansol panicked, there's something he wanted to say before he gives that flower to her. he tried to steal it from her, but she was faster than him and hid it behind her back, still judging him. "w-why did you give me a flower?"

sighing, he stood up straight again. his body tensed up, swallowing hard. he gathered up his courage, smiling sincerely at hyun. scratching the back of his neck, his eyes went down. too embarrassed to even look at her lovely face. with his soft and calming voice, he mumbles,

❝ roses are red,
violets are blue,
i heard you like red,
so i, urm, kinda bought this flower for you. ❞

they both stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds. hyun's mouth was hanging open as her cheeks turned into a shade of red. when she finally realized what's going on, she soon took a deep breath. it's november, but there was still beads of sweat forming on her forehead. she was burning. fanning her face, she scoffs at him, "you're being really cheesy now, you know?"

the atmosphere became silent. hansol's heartbeats were beating at an unhealthy pace. he must really mess up right now. hyun doesn't like cheesy or romantic stuff at all, he should've known that! inside his mind, hansol was probably having one of the worst internal crisis in his life. because of a girl. just because of a girl, can you believe that?

but then his thoughts were blocked when he heard her mumbling, "but that's alright, because you're kinda.. cute."

●○●○●○●○●○

"but really tho, how do you know that much about?"

her question broke the silence among them. hansol, who was confused, turned his head to her. yes, they're still holding hands with each other. the awkwardness level was lower than the first time they met a few hours ago. hyun insisted on taking a taxi instead of walking all the way to her home back, but the elder one rejected her suggestion. for him, they can spend much more time together walking compared to riding a taxi.

meh, hyun was fine with that.

hansol pondered for a while, fingers scratching his head. after few minutes, he finally answers, "seungkwan told me everything i know about you." he smiled at her, tilting head a bit. nodding, her eyes were still straight looking in front instead of the handsome guy. her face looks like she's thinking about something deep or something, and he really doesn't want to bother her. holding hands with her already made him breathless already, how can he manage to talk with her then?

"ah, right!" hyun exclaimed, now turning head to him. startled, hansol widened his eyes and locked them with hers. their steps stopped in unison. she let go of his hand and searched for something in her bag. it was her phone. handing it to him, she continues, "i forgot to ask for your number, don't i?"

a grin appeared on his face as he politely pushes the phone back to hyun. he shook his head to the left and right. "i suggest you ask that from seungkwan. trust me, that'll be a better action to do." hansol weird action made her felt quite suspicious towards him. she looked at him for quite a long time, but soon just shrugged it off. "alright then.."