"how was it?" her gaze shifted towards him as hyun swallowed her last bit of jajangmyeon. putting her chopsticks down, she took a tissue from the tissue box and wiped her mouth. it took her a few minutes to answer his question, replaying the date that took place about a week ago back in her mind. she then shrugged her shoulders at him, saying, "meh, it was fine. hansol is quite nice, i think."

her reply received a glare from seungkwan. he was unsatisfied with her answer. taking a sip from his drink, he asks again, "just nice? you're definitely lying, hyun! come on, just tell me the truth." she hesitated for a while, staring into his enlarged eyes with doubt. biting her lower lip, she tilted her head a bit.

"well, i mean he's handsome. like really handsome. and he's also kinda sweet, i think," she blabbered, fingers drawing circles on the table. he saw the pink shade on her cheeks and soon, a teasing grin appeared on seungkwan's face. "aigoo, look at you! not even a month after breaking up, and you already red talking about another guy. i'm proud of you, girl."

hyun suddenly snorted, making all his loud chuckles gone. her eyes glared at him in anger as she shows him her tight-lipped smile. "you really want to die early, huh?" she asked with a tight tone, a hand creeping on his hand and pinched it. he screamed in pain, that made her rolled her eyes. heh, typical seungkwan.

the both of them continued talking for a while when suddenly, hyun interrupted their conversation. "but hey, why did you invite me today? i mean, usually, you're the one who visits my house. what's with the sudden change, huh?" she questioned,  looking up at him. that question made struck him, somehow. gulping, he beamed from ear to ear awkwardly. "just because? i don't need any reason to meet my best friend, right?" that answer made hyun frowned in disbelief. obviously, she doesn't trust him with that excuse.

right when she was about to question him again, she heard someone stepping inside the kitchen. hyun turned her head around, thinking it might be seungkwan's housemate. when she realized who it was, a soft gasp escaped from her mouth. it was him. it was really him.

"i'm the one who asked him to invite you over, sorry. i just.. i missed you. wait, is that wrong? god, that sounds very wrong. look, i-i swear i'm not a stalker or something, but--"

hyun smiled. "well, i missed you too, hansol-ssi."

●○●○●○●○●○

"hi, i'm hansol vernon chwe and i am, well," he paused, eyes trying to match with hers. hyun was looking at him in awe, mouth hanging open. she doesn't even blink her eyes yet, too absorbed with his looks. she meant it when she said she missed him. and now here he is, standing right in front of her. grinning, he continues, "seungkwan's housemate. nice to meet you again, dahyun-ssi."

she nodded, looking down on the floor. the corners of her lips raised upwards when she saw his smile. that charming smile that she kept thinking for about a few days now. "well i, i'm glad i could meet you. i'm really scared if i couldn't meet you anymore, you know?" they chuckled as he took a seat beside her on the couch. the both of them looked in front, a blank television was seen.

seungkwan is gone. he told them that he had some stuff he needs to do, so he went out. which was clearly a lie, since he was the one who invited her before. hyun silently thanked him for giving them private time to talk.

there was an awkward silence between them, and the only sound they heard was from the heater. hansol feet were trembling out of nervousness. but he knew he needs to tell her the truth. gulping, he mumbles, "do you remember what happened that night when you were drunk?"

she frowned, turning her head at him. he seemed flustered with her reaction, smiling even bigger as his gaze went down to the floor. hansol rubbed his sweaty palms together, feeling the atmosphere in the room getting tensed up already. but he needs to say it, he realized that. he needs to explain everything.

"that night, you were screaming on top of your lungs. about how much you missed him. i heard that."

she seemed startled for a while, eyes widened at him. covering her hanging mouth with her hands, she leaned closer to him. which she doesn't realize that it made his heart jumped a bit at her actions.

"how do you--"

"seungkwan sent me there to cheer you up. he got something to do that day, and he knew how crestfallen you felt when you broke up. so he called me and said he wanted my help," he paused, taking a deep breath, before continuing, "and honestly, i'm really grateful for that. i've wanted to know you closer since the first day i moved in."

her face turned bright red, hands trembling. he's really outspoken, she noticed that. not that she's complaining about it or something, the fact that he's brave enough to say that to her was amazing. hyun kinda liked it when guys do that. hansol was both courageous yet still shy about it. charming, she thought.

"you've always been nice to me, even though we never met. you always give me food when you visit seungkwan because you're worried about me. i always heard you shouting to him about random things, i think that's extremely adorable. everything about you is different."

each and every word that came out from his mouth made her felt more and more embarrassed. so he knew everything about her wild personality. so he knew how energetic she is. so he knew about her weird dance moves. those thoughts kept lingering in her mind, she was roughly burning at the moment.

hyun took the tip of her hair and covered her face with it, the typical act she does when she's shy. hansol noticed that and chuckled at her, couldn't help but to think about how cute a girl can be. he reached out his hand and patted her head. softly, gently. he's very nervous. and scared. and could probably faint in a minute or sooner.

but he brushed those thoughts off. because what really matters the most at the end of the day is his feelings towards her. he really, really likes her. even if they just met a couple days before. even if she's not his first love. but she's kim dahyun. the person that successfully made hansol smile like a fool, laugh like a fool and love like a fool. hansol is a fool because of hyun.

"that's why i like you. i felt like i could die in any moment or soon, so can i ask you something?" her head turned at him, and vice versa. their eyes met. they locked gazes for a few moments, feeling butterflies in both of their stomachs. biting her lower lip anxiously, she nodded. hyun doesn't care about anything else at the moment. "do you want to go for another date?"

her head went up and down, beaming from ear to ear. hansol forgot how to breathe for a while, too surprised. he froze at his spot, which made her giggled. she spread her arms wide, and soon, he was already in her soft arms. nothing else came out from his mouth as he replied the hug back, also grinning. the hug was brief, yet it brushed off their worried, negative thoughts. that suffocating thing the felt in their chests was gone.

"i like you too, hansol. very much."

it was indeed cheesy. it was indeed childish. and it's most probably not the greatest love story that ever existed. definitely not the sweetest love story in the world. how they met, the obstacles they've been through weren't extraordinary. the fact that they're not each other's first love doesn't help that much too. nothing special about hyun and hansol. just your normal young, childish love story.

and that what makes it special at the end of the day.

●○●○●○●○●○

ugh, finally finished another book! yay to me~~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ this story is just another fluff book because verhyun is just so cute!! i'll be publishing a one-shots book later, please look forward for that.

thanks for reading!ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ