Part 20 - Ruin

Ethan's POV:

"Ethan Grant Dolan, I'm in love with you," I hear Grayson say. I looked up from the sheet of paper to look at Grayson, who was staring at me. 

"Wha-What?" I let out. He moved closer to me and grabbed my hands, staring deep into my soul. 

"I fell in love with you, Ethan," He said again, before leaning in for a kiss. Our lips met and I melted at his touch. Everything felt so right. I was caught off guard, so it took a moment, but when it did, it was the best thing ever. He gently reached over and grabbed my face. I shuddered at his touch and kissed back. The kiss was slow and steady. He suddenly pulled away and looked at me, still holding onto my face. "I've been in love with you for a while now Ethan. But I couldn't say anything because you weren't available. And then when I tried to tell you something, you would blow me off and not pay any attention to me.. so I kind of just sat back and waited for you to know the truth," He let out. Wait, what?

"What do you mean, the truth? What truth are you talking about?" I asked, looking up at him.

"No, nothing. Just forget I said that," He said, way too quickly. I narrowed my eyes and knew he was lying to me.

"Grayson..." I said sternly. "You knew something. So tell me. Now. You know I don't like secrets," I kept repeating and he sighed loudly, causing me to stop talking.

"Please don't hate me...." He started off. 

"You know I can never hate you," I reassured. I reached over and squeezed his hand.

"I- I kind of knew he was cheating on you.." He said, ever so slowly. I released my hand from his cheek, not moving the other one. 

"What- What do you mean?" I asked in shock, feeling my eyes begin to fill up with water.

"I knew Aiden was cheating on you!" He yelled out. He kept his gaze at our hands. 

"Why.... Why didn't you tell me this before? Before I got hurt? Didn't you think I'd wanna know?" I asked, my voice cracking. 

"I didn't wanna hurt you..." He let out. I released his hand from mine and pulled it away.

"So.. you decided to keep this to yourself? You decided to not tell me about anything and let me figure this all out by myself?! In what twisted world is that protecting someone! Do you know how much it hurts to know that YOU, my best friend, my twin brother, the person who I trust the most in this stupid world, knew the whole time that I was being cheated on and did NOTHING about it!! It's horrible! You're horrible! I HATE you for not telling me anything Grayson! You're no better than he is!" I screamed. He just looked down at his hands, tears rolling down his cheek.

"I'm- I'm sorry," He said as he looked up at me. I was so angry, that without a second thought, I reached over and slapped him, causing him to fall backward off the bed.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I SAW IN YOU THAT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE! I CAN'T TRUST YOU ANYMORE GRAYSON! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" I yelled, pushing him out of my room. Eventually, I pushed him out onto the hallway and I slammed the door shut behind him. I couldn't believe he did this to me.

Grayson's POV:

I honestly didn't even know why I was crying. Maybe because I never wanted anybody to hurt Ethan as much as I did right now. I pressed my back against Ethan's door and slowly slid down, sitting outside his room.

"Ethan.... please.... forgive me," I let out ever so quietly. I pressed my ear up against the door and I  didn't hear anything. I hope he doesn't do anything he'll regret.