two

|| Song of the chapter: Code Blue by The-Dream ||

Alina

-

The fall weather had really rolled in the past couple of weeks here, and I was loving it. The fall aesthetic -- fireplaces, cloudy days, hot cocoa, knit sweaters, halloween, candles, all of that -- was my absolute favorite. Today was an extremely chilly day, so I made sure I dressed extra warm.

I gave myself a final look in the mirror before I decided I looked decent enough for school. Just then, I got a we're here text from Giselle. Peter and Giselle usually gave me a ride before school because I didn't have my own car, and school was kind of far so they insisted on giving me rides.

I grabbed my bag from the corner of my room and slung it over my shoulder, rushing down the steps and to the front door. As promised, Peter's gray Jeep was in front of my house. I noticed it was drizzling, so I grabbed the small umbrella from my front door. I paced to his car quickly, shutting the door in an instant.

"Well hello to you too." Peter spoke, the raspiness in his voice making me melt.

"Hi." I said timidly, and Giselle turned to look at me with a raised brow.

"Are you okay?" She asks, and I flush, holding my breath.

Eventually, I spoke up. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just woke up late and was in a rush," I lied, trying to cover up why I was evidently flustered. She nodded and turned back to the front. I sigh and put my head against the headrest, catching Peter glimpse at me through the review mirror. I blushed and looked down at my knotted hands, not wanting him to see the obvious affect he had on me.

I really was a fool for liking Peter. It was most likely never gonna happen, first off, and secondly, I was pretty sure he didn't have the same feelings as I did toward him. I propped my elbow up on the window sill, resting my face on my hand as we drove off to hell.

We had a few exams today before Thanksgiving break next week, and I just wanted to get them done with already. I couldn't focus on my school work when I was off fantasizing about my best friend's twin brother twenty-four seven.

Peter parked his car abruptly, and all three of us got out and headed towards school.

"Is anyone doing anything tonight?" Giselle asked, and Peter and I simultaneously looked at her.

"No," We both answered in sync, and we both glanced at each other. It was just so weird. I felt this electric connection between us, but I was probably crazy. I'm sure he didn't feel that way at all.

"Ohhhkaaaay," Giselle dragged out the word, making the situation more awkward than it already turned out to be. Why can't any encounter with him be normal? "I was asking because I wanted to see if you guys wanted to have movie night tonight." She suggested. That actually did sound fun, and considering our day was our last day before break, I didn't see why it would be a problem.

"Yeah, I'd love to. Who's house?" I asked, stopping at my locker to grab my English textbook.

"Yours? If that's okay. Both our parents are going to be home and you know how they can get." Giselle rolled her eyes, making me laugh.

"Yeah, that's no problem. I think my parents are going out tonight too, so we should be good." I smile as I close my locker, tucking my textbook under my arm.

"What about you Peter? Are you down?" Giselle asks, looking up at her brother. He fixed his curly hair and looked at me briefly.

"I'm in." He says, nodding.