Prologue

"Link I.... I'll see you later...." She looked back at him only to see the pain in his eyes. His beautiful blue eyes were filled with sorrow and Midna knew this was hurting him... because it was also hurting her. She sent her tear to shatter the mirror and she disappeared through the portal.
           Midna fell to the dark ground sobbing and muttering "Link... I'm so sorry... It was the only way..."
          In her haze of tears she didn't even notice twili carrying away from where the Portal of Twilight once stood to the throne room where her parents awaited an explanation from their daughter as to what had occurred and why the portal was no longer functioning.
           Her mother was a tall, slender, twili with short black hair. She had sapphire blue eyes and had a soft but angular face. She had green luminous markings coating her arms, back and right side. Her father was a mid-sized, strongly built tell I with a soft face and ruby red eyes. He has neon-red hair and red markings all over his body. Her father was a gentle ruler who cared for nothing more than his kingdoms prosperity and the love of his family. His name was Tevroh.
           Her mother was a lot like her father but she really wanted to see Midna be married of so that She and  Tevroh could be retired from ruling the realm. She constantly nagged Midna on the subject. Her name was Euphra.
           The throne room is the one where midnight executed Zant. Tevroh sat in his throne with Euphra standing to his right with her hands on his shoulders. The twili brought Midna in  and laid her in front of them, still sobbing and muttering about Link.
           Tevroh immediately noticed Midna's extreme distress and swiftly stood up and ran to his daughter to figure out what had happened to cause his strong minded daughter to crumble.
          "Midna what is it my beautiful daughter?" He asked trying to comfort her in anyway he could think to "What is it that pains you so?"
           The sorrow wrought princess looked up to her father still sobbing uncontrollably and stammered out "I... I didn't want too..." She sobbed "He looked so hurt dad! I hurt him!"
          Her father looked at her confused not understanding what she meant or who she was refering to. "Honey, honey, please just breathe I don't understand who did you hurt?" He was trying to understand and learn what was hurting the little one he cared so much for.
          Midna tried her hardest to calm down so she could explain to her parents the long and treacherous journey she had undergone for so long with the man that she loved. Her father and mother listened attentively and were almost in tears by the end of her tale.
          Her father pulled her close and pulled her to her feet. Tevroh brought Midna to her room and set her on her bed. Midna's room consisted of a black stone vanity, an open closet filled with black and green robes, a black bed with grey and green sheets and matching pillows.
         Tevroh left his daughter on the bed so she could have time to heal her broken heart... But she never healed. She hid away in her chambers only coming out to eat and drink. She would stay in her room and sob crying for her lost love...
______________________________________
               Three months later
~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Ever since Link had defeated Ganondorf and restored peace to his realm and the twilight realm he had been appointed as Princess Zelda personal guard. He was always with her and they had become good friends in the three months since Ganon's defeat.
          They spent most of their day in her study reading the day away. Link had never talked to the princess about how he missed Midna and wanted to tell her how he felt because he knew... He knew it was impossible.
           One day recently though, the princess brought up the subject of how he felt about Midna and her departure. "Well..." Link thought for a moment before continuing "Though our journey together we began to learn more about one another and I slowly started to realize I was falling for her..." He stopped and put down the book he had been reading. It was a book about exotic fighting styles. He found it very interesting.
           The princess asked "Did you ever tell her the truth? I mean you both had a lot in common. You were both fearless, willing to do anything to accomplish your goals, and you both went out of the way to keep each other safe. I honestly believe she would have returned your feelings Link. So why didnt you ever tell her?"
           "Believe me Zelda I wanted to, but I didn't want her to hurt when it was time for her to go. I would have done anything to keep her here with me. I would give up my life as a hero and be banished from the kingdom just to see her face one more time..." Link's eyes began to fill with tears. "I'm tired.... I'm going to retire for the rest of the evening...."
           Zelda watched as her good friend got up and left. She didn't know what to do. She knew he was suffering but she didn't know how to help him. The only way to and from the twilight realm was the mirror of Twilight and that was going to be impossible to fix... Maybe there was another way... After all maybe, just maybe she could come across some way of crossing dimensions.... She began researching the twilight realm.
          Link shared his quarters with all of the other castle guards, so they didnt think he was getting special treatment. Thats how Link wanted it to be. There were about sixty guards in total including link but there were only 30 beds for soldiers to sleep in because the worked in 12 hour shifts.
         Link layed in the bed staring out one of the windows. The window was pointed in the direction of Arbiters grounds. That was the last place he saw her beautiful face. Now she was gone. And he would never get to see her again... He layed back and stared at the ceiling until he drifted into sleep...

______________________________________
A/N Hey guys this is the first part to a long story I want to write I hope you guys thought it was a good start cause this is my first attempt at writing. I hope 1,094 words is enough tell me if I should aim higher with my word count cause I really don't know it took me a few days to write this and I really am looking forward to writing a lot more on this anyways thanks for the reads! Bye!