|| prologue ||

“What is he doing?  I’m sitting, eating recess, like everyone else.

Why is he dressed like that.  The school uniform, like you?

He’s so idiotic.”  Surely, you haven’t seen my average report card.

“He just walks around with drumsticks in his hand, not even paying attention to any classes, or even responding to the teacher!  I listen and write notes, instead of passing notes all lesson, faking to write actual notes.

I don’t get why he’s even here, getting a million detentions, should have him out of here!” I get the blame for what you do, anyway detention clears my head, so I guess it’s good.

“Such a loner.   I guess so…

I don’t get him.  You don’t know me..

I don’t like his hair, it’s so curly!   It’s my genetics..

I saw him out of school the other day, he’s had his drumsticks in hand, as usual, doesn’t he have any friends? Ha, loner. Well..

How is he in this school?” I’ve been thinking about that too..

This is what I hear everyday, all these so called ‘whispers’, all this gossip. None of it being true. They don’t know me. They don’t even try to talk to me, not that I would respond anyway, you see, I’m in constant conversation with my brain and I’m thinking, that if I don’t talk to people I don’t know or trust, it won’t hurt me. I honestly don’t get why they don’t try to talk to me, verbally at least. I have absolutely no idea how they got my phone, but they did it! Probably picked my lock… Music is the only thing that makes me relax.. it makes me calm. These idiots here just listen to meaningless music like ‘Blurred-Lines’  or  ‘Harlem Shake’ or you know, the ones about drugs and getting drunk.

I head to my locker, I already know what’s next period, my two favorites! Food Tech. and then Music! No ones’ at the lockers by the time I’m there, the quiet is actually quite creepy. Grabbing my lunch and and drum sticks for music, I check my phone. Better to keep this in my pocket.

Oh look at you having conversations with yourself, such a loner!

Lunch isn’t over, but I eat in the music room anyway, teachers’ don’t mind.

The drum box is not packed away, just my luck!

I start drumming to the beat of Teenage Dirtbag and hum softly.

“ Cause’ I’m just your teenage dirtbag baby

Yeah, I’m just your teenage dirtbag baby

Listen to Iron Maiden maybe with me ooooohh!”

I turn around from my seat on the drum box and see two blond boys and an asian looking fella, staring at me with giddy, cheeky smiles. Actually, they're creepy smiles.... Which one of them sang? Why are they staring at me?

The asian one coughed, awkwardly? The tall blonde guy elbowed the emo looking boy, he looked at the other two, and they all just nodded. Seriously, these boys look 15? I'm 17 why are they just -

“Aye, drummer boy, thinking of joining a band?’