Chapter 2

Joey's POV:
It was time for me to shower and Marcus was in his room playing something like Fortnite. I got my stuff ready for the shower and started the shower. I remember Jake's comment about checking the cabinet, so I do so. Pink hair dye, he bought me pink hair dye... that must've been what Marcus was sniggering about. I smile and text Jake 'Thanks for the hair dye. Love you x.' I get changed into an old black shirt and start putting the dye on my hair, except for the roots. Time to have bright pink hair again. I smile and realise I have to wait half an hour... half an hour to kill, that's means it's time to FaceTime Jake. I start calling him and he picks up on the second ring. I frown a little when I see his face. "Jake your face is bleeding, are you okay" He smiles and wipes his cheek. "Yeah I'm good, just got hit twice by an egg catapult." He laughs and I can see that he's probably looking at one of his room mates. "Well that's sounds fun, where did the other egg hit you?" He shows me his chest and there's a huge purple mark and blood there too. "Gosh that looks painful, you should put some ice on that, it'll stop it from swelling." He rolls his eyes. "You're going to be the nurse of the house when  you move in." I smile and hear Marcus knocking on the bathroom door. I open it and go to my room for the remaining 15 minutes. We talk about all sorts of stuff, him mainly telling me stories about the house mates, mainly that they all have YouTube channels and that they do a lot of stupid, but funny videos. Guess I'll be apart of these pranks and videos when I join. I sure hope they don't treat me like I'm fragile. I'm always up for pool floaty fights and bouncy houses, and not to mention hot sauce and 3am challenges. I've never actually watched any of their videos and especially not Jakes. I check the clock and it's been about 30 or 40 minutes so I get in the shower and wash the remaining dye out of my hair and wash myself and shave.

It was about 11pm when I went to bed, I was mainly up talking to Marcus then last minute let him stay at his mates house. I text mom and she says she'll be back early tomorrow morning. Jake and I have this thing that we do every night and that's sending each other a Snapchat of us saying night and love you. In Jakes he has a massive bruise on his face, probably from getting hit by an egg.

In the morning as I go to the kitchen to get cereal, mom is waiting there with Marcus, he's probably told her that I plan on moving out. "So, i hear that you plan on moving out and move into Jakes place?" I nod as she makes me some toast. "Yeah, I was planning on telling you tonight but my toe rag of a brother must have done that already." She laughs and Marcus looks guilty. "It's okay, I'll help you pack today and you can move out tomorrow if you want and if it's okay with Jake." I hug her and grab a piece of toast. "Thanks mom, I'll still visit and stuff, I've said Marcus can come over when he wants to play video games with the guys." She smiles at me and starts loading up the dish washer. I smile and message Jake. 'Got a new house mate arriving tomorrow.... and special request for food please have some cookies for when I've finished unpacking' I run up the stairs and get some cardboard boxes from the spare room. I set the on the floor and start packing all my makeup into one, clothes into another, bath stuff, then personal possessions like watches and rings. My phone beeps and I check who it is. I look at the message, 'don't need to bring a bed or draws, already got them. Can't wait for you to meet the guys.' Mom comes into my room and looks at the floor. "It looks like a tornado just ripped through your room Joey." I laugh and she starts putting the stuff on the floor into one box. "Can you please give that box to different charities and stuff?" She nods and labels the box. "Guess you'll be driving yourself since you need your car?" I nod and look her at her before hugging her. "I'm going to miss you mom... whenever you need me I'll come straight away and that's a promise." She smiles at me with tears in her eyes. "My baby is finally moving out... how are you going to pay rent?" I laugh a little. "I'm doing the cooking and washing up, my guess is that none of them like doing that." I smile a little. "How many house mates are there?" I pause and have to think "five, including Jake." She takes my hand and starts telling me how much that she'll miss me. We're interrupted by my phone ringing, mom picks it up. "Hey Jake.... yes Joey is here." She gives me my phone. "Hey Webber" he chuckles and I can tell that he is smiling. "Hey Butcher, just thought I'd tell you, but everyone is going to the beach tomorrow so when you get to our place no one will be there, but we've put your key underneath the mat. Colby will come and pick you around 11am so you can come join us." I lay back in my bed. "Sounds good, I'll come at around 9 so I can unpack... also can I paint my room at some point." "Yeah sure well help you on Monday."

————————————————————
Don't forget to vote if you enjoy it so far, if you want leave a comment and if you'd like, message me ideas for either this story or one of my others!

Thank you for reading.