28

yang jeongin

Day 1 without Y/N; it was the next morning. I got out of bed, taking the slowest time ever to get ready. I didn't have the energy to pick up the pace, my pace to get ready was going slow. All because Y/N isn't here anymore: not for a week, at least.

So now I have to deal with Haeyoung by myself. Not to mention Felix too. I still don't know what to do with that hyung. I'm still mad at him.

After I got ready, I rushed out the door, because I was already 5 minutes late. I ran all the way to the bus stop and to school.

-

I walked inside the building, going to first period which was math. I gulped, ready to take the scoldings from the teacher; she hates me. I walked in and spotted that the teacher was sleeping at her desk. I tip toed all the way next to Seungmin, taking a seat next to him.

"Why are you late?" He whispered.

"I was being slow." I answer.

"Why? Being slow is not the way to go." Seungmin gave me a cheeky smile.

I stared at him in disgust, secretly judging him for a few seconds.

"Because I don't have any energy." I respond.

"Why not?"

"Y/N isn't here." I mumble, getting sad.

"She's only away for a week."

"Yeah, but when she comes back, she'll probably be over me by then." I frown.

"I doubt it. I can tell she loves you. She's like a tsundere." Seungmin shook his head, assuring me.

"What do you mean by that? She's the one who told me she wanted to be my girlfriend." I furrow my eyebrows.

"She's not a tsundere. In fact, she shows her feelings towards me very well. Or, showed." I mumble the last word.

"Don't get too sad over it. Everyone knows she won't move on from you. She liked you for like her whole life, so I doubt she'd stop now." Seungmin pat me on the back.

"Don't touch me, you weirdo." I complain.

-

I was by my locker, getting something out of it before heading to the cafeteria. I heard light footsteps come closer to me and I already knew who it was: Haeyoung. I groaned and quickly prayed for myself, then closed my locker and turned to look at her.

"Hey, Jeongin." She smiled at me, fluttering her eyelashes.

"What do you want?" I coldly say.

"Just wanted to talk. I'm sorry for treating Y/N like a bitch.. and I'm sorry for being selfish. I'll leave her alone. But I want to be friends with you, at least." She looked into my eyes.

"I guess I wanted you all to myself.. after all those years. I thought you'd want me back after you saw me again. Yes, I came all the way over here to see you. I haven't seen you in years. Sorry for greeting you again in such a bad way." She frowned.

I stood there, not knowing if I should believe her apology.

"Umm.." I awkwardly hummed.

"So, can we be friends?"

I thought about it for a minute or two- deciding whether or not I should give her another chance.

"Okay." I nod after a pause.

"Thanks. Shall we go to lunch now?" She smiled.

"Yeah." I reply.

third person pov

Little did he know, being friends with Haeyoung again was a mistake. She didn't want to just be friends with him; she figured if she pretended to be civil, maybe Jeongin would change his mind and see her differently.

Y/N was adjusting well at Soonyoung's house- though she knew it was going to be hard to forget about her feelings for Jeongin. She thought, maybe when she comes back, everything will be resolved.

She thought wrong.