Callum's Character Profile + Something Special about Him

Hey, kittens!

Today's extra is all about grumpy ol' Detective Callum. The character profile was originally uploaded as part of my Wattpad Block Party - Summer Edition III (August 2017) post, but I'm going to share it here with you as well. The picture you see below is a spoiler-free character profile, however everything under the big ---> SPOILER ALERT <--- banner contains spoilers for Sentiments & Reason; if you haven't read that book yet, I suggest you skip what's under the banner.

 The picture you see below is a spoiler-free character profile, however everything under the big ---> SPOILER ALERT <--- banner  contains spoilers for Sentiments & Reason; if you haven't read that book yet, I suggest you skip what's under the banner

About the Something not mentioned yet section: I was thinking of including the fact that he used to play soccer in Sentiments & Reason in a scene in which he plays with Kennedy. That didn't make the final cut, but I might be able to include it in Kennedy's story (Book 4).

And now: time for Sentiments & Reason spoilers. You've been warned!

So, now I'm going to tell you why Callum got his Gift

In the beginning, he was an ordinary guy and while I planned to have him throughout the series, he was a non-Gifted human until one day I realized he was wearing a long coat in Book 1 and the story was taking place in the summer.

At first I began looking for medical reasons (like bad blood circulation) that could make him dress up warmly during that season. For quite a while, I was racking my brain as to what his medical problem could be. And then it hit me: I'm writing about supernatural beings; I could just give him a super power and make that the reason for him being cold during the summer.

That's how Callum got his fire powers: due to me making a mistake about his wardrobe. Worked out for the best in the end, huh?

Anyway. I hope you enjoyed this somewhat spoiler-y glimpse behind the scenes of me writing Callum. Please give this extra a vote if you liked it and if you have any Callum-related questions, drop them in the comments. I'd also like to know how many of you want to see Callum and Kennedy playing soccer together.

I hope you all have a great time wattpadding!

PS: Speaking of the Wattpad Block Party: I'm featured again this year and my post goes up tomorrow (Saturday, August 25). If you are interested in creating fictional worlds, check it out. I'm also hosting a giveaway and I'll post a link to it in the comments and as an External link.