The Beast

Jake POV

"Saile, no!" I heard Elsa scream as the bird grasped Saile in its claws. We both lunged for her but she made it first.

Elsa slashed the bird's claw, splattering all four of us with blood and making the bird screech in agony before dropping Saile. I quickly lunged and caught her hand before she fell off the cliff, leaving both of us nearly falling off.

I turned around, looking to Jack and Elsa. They were fighting the bird, both of them covered in blood.

"Let me go." She pleaded.

"Saile, I will never let you go." I said as I pulled her up. She blushed.

Then we turned around and fought the beast with Jack and Elsa.

The beast was howling as it unleashed a huge blast of wind, nearly knocking us all down.

Except for Saile. The fire seemed to feed the flame rather than put it out. She snapped her fingers and-poof.

The bird exploded into a million colours, dancing through the light.

Jack had his arm draped over Elsa, who seemed content about it.

I smiled and did the same for Saile as her cheeks burned as red as her eyes.

We headed back to school.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Saile POV

"We've decided not to expel you two because, well, the council corrupted. Long story short, you're free of any punishment." The principal said wiping sweat off his brow with a hanky.

"What?! They don't get punished? You had better punish them, or else I'm going to have my family sue you!" I heard Tina say.

"Or, I'll just humiliate you first." She added with a smirk. She snapped her fingers and music started playing.

Her possy immediately ran to her side, mimicking what she was doing.

"Bring it. All of us," she gestured to the 6 people there.

"Against you."

A while ago, I would have just looked down and walked away, and just let her mock me like so.

Not going to happen again.

And so I stepped onstage and got ready to fight.

"Hey, hey, ladies! No need for this! Can't you have a friendly game of chess or something instead?" The principal asked, worried.

"No. Sorry!"

"Fine. Just-sign this contract so I don't get sued when you kill each other."

We both signed the contract, with her neat Ariel writing and my sloppy no-one-knows writing.

So we started. I willed a flame to appear on my hand, and Tina ran.

WTF, woman?! If she was that scared of it, she should have given a second thought about playing with it!