Prologue

This story is my intellectual exclusive property. Any text written underneath this story is protected under United States, United Kingdom, and international copyright laws. The content may not be copied to another computer, transmitted, published, reproduced, or altered in any way. Any violations of this can be punishable by law.

All persons, places, things, ideas, activities, names etc. in this story related to that in real life is purely coincidental. I do not own any brands mentioned in this story nor will I claim to.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Okay, now that I've got the legal stuff out of the way-mainly to ease my conscious of people who create stories exactly like mine (stupid school papers), I want to welcome you all to Unintentional. I have such joy in writing this. I've gotten support from two very special people in my life (Roos and Michelle, you're reading this, I know you are. Thank you so much. I love you two.)

Enjoy the first ever installment in Unintentional!

Love

KtAlexis

Rated PG-13 for extensive language used throughout the text.

°Kacee Stirling°

Fourth of July weekend, two years ago

Nervously, I walked down the dike to the area where my grandmother's friend and neighbor lived. Grandma had told us to go down; Brianna wanted us there and we weren't going to bother her because her four grandchildren were there as well. But that didn't stop me from being nervous. The eldest one there was still a good two years younger than me-thirteen while I was fifteen-while the youngest was barely ten.

Brianna wasn't out when I got there, but her husband Karl was. He smiled at me and said hello, mentioning that my little sister, Carina, was already in the water. I set the food down on the table set out on the grass. I knew a grand total of six people here. Brianna and Karl, my sister, Brianna's daughter Lacee, and Lacee's children, Alexandria and Kameron. I sat down in one of the beach-themed lawn chairs, looking around at everyone. Lacee and Kameron were playing cornhole with two men who I presumed were Lacee's husband and one of Kameron's uncles. I felt very out-of-place and uncomfortable, especially when all five of all the kids came up from the lake. Mother and Grandma were still down at the house, presumably gathering some food and games to bring along, but I wished I had them to comfort me from all this unknowingness.

Brianna stood up and introduced everyone. Lacee, her daughter; Brendan, Lacee's husband; Alexandria, her granddaughter and Lacee's daughter; Kameron, Lacee's son and her grandson; Jason, her son; Tyler, her son; April, Tyler's wife; Colton, Tyler's son and her grandson; and Charlotte, her granddaughter and Tyler's daughter.

Even though everyone was introduced, it was still a bit awkward for me. It was obvious that Colton was the oldest of the grandchildren, but despite my extrovertedness, I felt shy. I didn't know quite how to approach him, and I wasn't sure I wanted to. He was so at home with his sister and cousins. I didn't want to intrude on that. Alexandria, however, remembered me from a few years ago and asked me to play a game with them. I couldn't refuse her. After spending half an hour playing with her, her brother, and Charlotte, who joined us, we decided to head down to the water. Of course, rather conveniently, my grandmother and mother decided to show up.

I began my careful trek down the stairs, and when they ended, I planned a careful route over the rocks and down the the small area of rocky beach we had, wincing as the sharp shell pieces dug into my feet. I stepped into the refreshing water and I stood there, knee-deep as I enjoyed the serenity of being alone.