12 - the incident

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Break it up love birds, let's go." I said as I physically pulled Caleb and Iris apart. Iris frowned and pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Let's go jump in the pool, babe!" Caleb exclaimed grabbing Iris's hand and dragging her outside.

I turned away to see Millie and Jacob skipping down the stairs, Millie in a bathing suit.

Millie ran into the kitchen but I ignored it and just went outside. Iris was stripped down to her bra and underwear and all of the guys were in their boxers. They were so drunk!

I laughed but walked over to the beach chairs. I knew I wasn't going to get in. Never in a million years, I had to be the parent.

And of course when I felt like I could relax Millie came back from the kitchen with eight drinks. She handed everyone one and called them her special concoction that she had mixed together.

I rolled my eyes and when no one was watching I dumped the liquid on the grass behind me.

"Dang Sadie you already finished that?!" Millie asked in a surprised tone. My head snapped to Millie and I realized everyone was staring at me in question.

"Um..." I said trying to come up with an excuse as fast as I could. "It was just really good." I said thinking of the first explanation.

"Those are mighty strong drinks, Sadie! You must have a good tolerance for alcohol!" Millie exclaimed.

"It's in the genes." I laughed waving my hand away. I guess good alcohol tolerance is in the family.

"Why don't you get in, babe?" Finn asked hinting the babe. I slyly rolled my eyes but shook my head.

"I really don't feel like having to wash my hair after." I said with a small smile and he nodded turning back to the guys who were all playing.

I decided I'd just lay back in relax. I'd probably be up for a while after this. I closed my eyes for a few minutes hearing the murmurs of Iris and Millie who were chilling off the side of the pool.

And all of the sudden I hear the abrupt sound of gurgling and then gasps. I opened my eyes and saw the boys in a circle staring down into the water.

I decided this seemed pretty suspicious so I slowly got out of my chair and that's when I saw Caleb pull Finn out of the water. The only thing was that Finn wasn't breathing.

"Finn isn't breathing!" He yelled and my eyes widened and I found myself running over to them.

"What?!" I asked rushing over to where the boys were standing. Caleb plopped Finn's unconscious body on the pavement and I  knelt down.

"We were trying to hold our breath for the longest and Finn well... won." Caleb said and I figured I'd be the only one who could help. I was not certified in CPR so I did the only thing I knew in the movies.