Part 10

(James' POV)

Chris and I watched movies all day before falling asleep together, him in my arms.

Hours later in the middle of the night, there was loud knocking on the door. My eyes snapped open and I immediately started panicking. The last time I heard slamming on the door was.... when my dad would scream at me to unlock it to-to beat me....

I woke Chris up in my arms and he immediately saw my panic stricken face. He sat up straight and tried to calm me.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, it's okay. I'm sure it's nothing. We'll go wake up Connor, just so he can check it out, but I'm sure it's nothing. It's okay, James. You're okay." Chris cooed, running a hand through my hair.

This calmed me down a lot, considering I was on the brink of breaking down a minute ago. "Okay.... Yeah, okay, l-let's tell Connor...." I agreed, standing up with Chris.

Chris grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together. He lead me to Connor's room and told me to stay in the room, but by the door. Chris walked over to Connor and lightly shook his shoulder.

          "Wake up, Connor." Chris whisper, still shaking his shoulder.

Connor then woke up, jumping when he saw Chris. He stopped being terrified once he realized who it was and then looked forward. He jumped when he saw me, too, sitting on his bed.

"Sweet heavenly father, ever heard of knocking?" Connor asked tiredly, yawning.

"Yes. But this is an emergency. James heard knocking on the door and neither of us know why." Chris explained, walking over to me and grabbing my hand again, intwining our fingers together once more.

          "Oh.... I'm not quite sure why th-"

          Connor was cut off by loud knocking on the front door. I jumped and started panicking, so Chris pulled me closer and tightened his grip on my hand, rubbing my knuckles with his thumb.

          "Oh em gosh, okay. Let me go wake up Kevin first, then we'll find out who's knocking." Connor said worriedly, sprinting down the hallway to Price's room.

          A few minutes later, Connor came back down the hallway holding Kevin's hand.

          "Okay.... Let's see who it is...." Kevin said quietly, nearing the door.

          I was practically hyperventilating at this point, Chris worried and slightly freaking out. Connor just looked panicked and Kevin like he was hiding his fear behind bravery.

          Kevin opened the door to find.... What?

          "Oh my gosh, Connor! We missed you so much!" A ginger woman ran through the open door, tightly hugging Connor. He didn't let go of Kevin's hand though.

          "Mom? What are you doing here?" Connor asked his mom as a brunette walked through the door with her husband.

          "Kevin! Oh Kevin!" The brunette lady hugged Kevin.

          "Mom!? What is- Why are you here!?" Kevin asked, panic apparent in his voice.

          "Christopher Poptarts Thomas, where are you!?" A short blonde woman yelled, running inside.

          "Here Mom.... I'm here." Chris replied blankly.

          "Oh Chris, I missed you so much! Why didn't you- Waaaaait a second. Who's this?" Chris' mom motioned to me and I looked down to realize we were still holding hands. I quickly let go and turned bright red.