ten

Next Morning

"Lani!" I heard Finn about from behind me as I jogged through the halls of the arena, trying to find Brittany.

"Me and you are going to talk later," I said simply before peeking into catering.

"We need to talk now," he breathed heavily as he caught up to me, grabbing ahold of my arm.

"I thought I knew you better than that, Ferg. I've known you since you were in NXT, and you've never betrayed anyone before. Why start now?!" I asked in a whisper as a few other superstars passed us.

"Lani, listen—"

"How could you do this to Brittany? She really liked you, Finn!" I hissed, crossing my arms. "You know what else? She called me crying last night. Want to know what I was doing when she called?"

"What?" he asked, unimpressed.

"I was laying in bed with Colby, getting ready to do the thing! Now guess where I'm at? Not with my boyfriend in Iowa!" I growled before he threatened to smile.

"Are you done?" he asked, quirking a brow.

"No! I was so close, Finn! It was so perfect, and you had to go and fucking sleep with Becky, so then I couldn't sleep with Colby!" I said, feeling my cheeks grow warm with frustration.

"Lani, I didn't fucking sleep with Becky!" he said, grabbing my shoulders.

"Why did she say you did, then?" I asked, putting my hand on my hip.

"I was put into that promo with the SmackDown roster to promote Survivor Series, and I hugged Becky on camera and we made a few jokes about Ireland. Becky kissed my cheek afterward, and Brittany flipped out!" he explained, running his fingers through his hair. "She's on her thing, so I think it's just hormones and she got jealous,"

"Why'd you let Becky kiss your cheek?!" I asked sarcastically, furrowing my brows.

"Are you freakin' serious right now?" he asked, dropping his hands down to his sides.

"No, I'm obviously kidding," I smiled. "I'll talk to her, okay?"

"Thank you," he sighed before I continued down the hall, finding the makeup room.

"I'm not ready to do anyone's makeup, yet," Brittany said groggily with her back turned to me.

"Brittany," I sighed before she turned around, wide-eyed.

"You're mad at me, I can tell," she said, pursing her lips.

"Why would I be mad at you?" I asked before sitting down in her chair.

"I-I overreacted last night," she said, letting out a sigh. "Finn didn't sleep with Becky. I just kind of got jealous because I'm on my period, so we haven't really been intimate or anything and so when they were all close n' stuff, I got upset,"

"So, you know what you have to do, right?" I asked, raising a brow.

"I'm scared to talk to him," she admitted, looking down to her fiddling hands.

"You need to. This was all just a big misunderstanding," I said before she nodded and smiled softly.

"How's it been with Colby?" she asked, finally meeting my gaze.

"Great," I smiled at the mention of him. "We almost had sex,"

"Why didn't you?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"You called me," I said before her jaw dropped.

"Seriously?!" she squealed.

"Mhm," I nodded before she groaned and rolled her eyes.