TWENTY SIX

SKYPE

YOU HAVE AN INCOMING SKYPE CALL FROM JAEDEN LIEBERHER
ACCEPT?
YES OR NO

YOU HAVE AN INCOMING SKYPE CALL FROM SAGE ACREMAN
ACCEPT?
YES OR NO

YOU HAVE AN INCOMING SKYPE CALL FROM JAEDEN LIEBERHER
ACCEPT?
YES OR NO

YOU HAVE AN INCOMING SKYPE CALL FROM JAEDEN LIEBERHER
ACCEPT?
YES OR NO

SAGE FLATTENED HER HAIR AND SHOOK OUT HER FRINGE, PUSHING A SHAKY SMILE ON HER FACE AS THE SCREEN LIT UP WITH A PICTURE OF JAEDEN.

"Hey" She said nervously, leaning forward on her elbows so her face grew larger on the screen. She'd just got back from getting her hair cut, nothing extreme just a trim, but she hoped it looked okay.

"Hi" Jaeden breathed, he smiled at her and it seemed it happened without him noticing as he looked at her face close up. He however was further back from the camera, on a spinney chair at a desk. Neither of the pair knew what to say so instead they just gazed at each other through the screen.

"Wow this is awkward" Sage chuckled, pushing herself back so now her bare knees were in shot as she was wearing an oversized black jumper."So how was your day?"

"It was good" Jaeden said, letting out a breath "I'm glad we can finally skype, how was your day?"

"Eh, same old boring stuff. But yeah we're finally doing it. It's crazy and I was kinda scared, not going to lie"

"Oh" Jaeden's breath hitched, he was relieved that she had felt the same as he did, "Why?"

"I don't know" Sage flustered and she could feel the blush creeping into her cheeks; Jaeden noticed and he thought it was cute "It's just weird, I've never Skyped someone before I've actually met them, aha"

Jaeden chuckled in agreement, "Yeah the only people I skype are the IT cast"

"I skype my cousin sometimes but not that much, but I guess you're my first time for this skype thing. I'm glad it's you, I don't feel that awkward around you" She could feel herself mumbling and rushing over her words.

Jaeden felt the same, he was comfortable around Sage; it was weird they'd never met and he was glad he made he feel at ease too. "That awkward?"

The blush came back on her face and Jaeden smiled widely at it, "Yeah it's still weird" But really she felt flustered around him as if she was a giggly, red mess but she wouldn't admit that. It was weird for Sage, usually she was loud and confident saying anything and everything; yet she was scared what to say to the boy. Why?

Jaeden didn't know what to say either so instead when he blurted out "Your hair looks nice" he flushed bright red and had to hold himself back from face palming. But it caused Sage to shriek in laughter, showing her teeth and after a while he laughed too; the awkward air seeming to dissipate quickly.

"Thanks" Sage said, giggle still sleeping into her voice as her fingers gently ran through her black hair. She seemed to like it much more than she had only moments ago. "I just got it trimmed"

"I guess yours looks good" Sage shrugged playfully with a little chuckle. 

After that the conversation flowed easily and the awkwardness was nowhere to be seen. Before they knew it it was eleven pm (they had been skyping for hours) and Sage's mother had knocked quietly on her door to tell her that it was time for bed as they were going to be spending 'mother and daughter' time together the next day.

"I got to go" Sage sighed as she clambered back onto her bed, facing the camera and clicking her mute off. She could see Jaeden's shoulders deflate as she said the words and she felt the same sadness.

"Yeah I better too" Jaeden said as his eyes flickered to the clock on his screen before back to Sage and her turned down mouth. "We should do this again sometime" He blurted, he didn't want to go just yet. Just a few minutes longer was all he wanted.

"Yeah definitely" Sage beamed with a toothy smile as she pulled her hair back into a low ponytail "Soon"

Jaeden was going to say something else when he was interrupted by Sage's mother calling from downstairs. 

Sage groaned before turning back to Jaeden "I really got to go, sorry" Her finger hovered over the red hang up button but she couldn't find herself to press it.

"It's fine" Jaeden said with a small smile as he watched the girl start to take her earrings out "Soon" He mumbled

"Hmm?" She said quietly as she was distracted by taking out her makeup wipes.

"I just said bye, talk tomorrow?"

"Of course" She smiled as she rubbed the wet wipe over her dark eyebrow "I loved talking with you Jaeden, bye" 

The sentence made him smile wider and his stomach felt weird before they hung up, both turning off their computers and going to bed. 

Sage couldn't wipe her smile off as she laid in the darkness of her room, clean faced with pink pyjamas and tucked warmly under the duvet. Somehow Jaeden could sense that from when he laid in his own unlit room - his face aching from the smile he couldn't help but show - that miles away, where they had first airdropped memes to each other; she too couldn't sleep because of the happiness bubbling inside her, mixed with another feeling they both couldn't seem to find the name of.