Chapter 3

Back at the Orphanage...

Lewis came back up onto the roof deeply distraught and decided to forget all about his great invention ideas by ripping out the pages from his book and throwing them out like trash as they were nothing to him now. 

Kali and the adventure kids, along with Violet and Dash, came up and saw what Lewis was doing. They felt sorry for the poor kid. 

"Aw, come on Lewis," Teeders said. "You can't give up just because of one little mishap"

"Yeah!" The twins added in encouragement. "Like they always say, you just gotta keep trying!"

Kali then came up to Lewis and placed a hand on his shoulder, begging. "Please don't give up... That's not the Lewis I became friends with"

But Lewis stayed silent, looking at a piece of paper with his idea for the memory scanner invention on it before he glared and crumpled up the paper, tossing it aside. 

"Oh, Lewis..." Kali sighed in sadness. 

Suddenly and surprisingly though, someone had seemed to throw the ball of paper right back at Lewis. But strangely there was no one else around but Lewis and the adventure kids. 

"What was that?" David asked. 

"A ghost?" Dash thought, casing for Cynthia to yelp and hide behind David. 

Violet rolled her eyes at her little brother. "Get really, you maggot"

Lewis then decided to test this and threw the ball of paper out again. Surprisingly, it was Wilbur Robinson and his twin sister who had suddenly jumped out and threw the paper wad back at Lewis before diving back into their hiding place. 

"What the?" The adventure kids, Violet and Dash looked confused to why they were here. 

"Hey, what are you two doing up here?" Lewis asked the Robinson twins. 

But the Robinson twins only responded by making cooing noises like pigeons while staying in their hiding spot. Well, Wilbur mostly. 

Violet and some of the others rolled their eyes while Lewis picked up the wad of paper and dropped it again on purpose out of annoyance. 

Wilbur snuck out and gave the wad of paper back to Lewis while continuing to coo like a pigeon before hiding again. 

"What's going on here?" Teeders asked the Robinson twins. 

"Would you quit that? I know you're not a pigeon!" Lewis said to Wilbur out of annoyance. 

"Shh!" Wilbur quickly zipped over to Lewis and covered his mouth, looking around cautiously. "You're blowing my cover!"

"But we're the only ones up here" The twins, Dash and David mentioned all together. 

"That's just what they want you to think" Wilbur replied mysteriously. 

"Who's they?" Cynthia asked. 

"That's not important right now" Wanda said, coming out of her hiding spot and un-waded the piece of paper, giving it to Lewis. 

"Now, enough moping" Wilbur prompted, telling Lewis. "Take this back to the since fair and fix that Memory Scanner" 

"Stop, stop! Get away from me!" Lewis yelled, pushing Wilbur away.

"Maybe you've forgotten. I'm a time cop from the future," Wilbur reminded. "Should be taken very seriously" 

"Oh, brother" Wanda rolled her eyes and face-palmed, being embarrassed by her brother's ridiculousness.