What is Android and how it is work?

What is Android??

Android is a Linux based operating system it is designed primarily for touch screen mobile devices such as smart phones and tablet computers. The operating system have developed a lot in last 15 years starting from black and white phones to recent smart phones or mini computers. One of the most widely used mobile OS these days is android. The android is software that was founded in Palo Alto of California in 2003.

Features :

Head set layout

Storage

Connectivity: GSM/EDGE, IDEN, CDMA, Bluetooth, WI-FI, EDGE,3G,NFC, LTE,GPS.

Messaging: SMS, MMS, C2DM (could to device messaging), GCM (Google could messaging)

Multilanguage support

Multi touch

Video calling

Screen capture

External storage

Streaming media support

Optimized graphics

Scope of android in future :

"Mobile is the future of Software Development" - Google's Eric Schmidt.

Usage of mobile phones has increased in the past year. India stands second in the world, in the number of active mobile phones. Today, out of the 6 billion mobile phones in the world, close to 1 billion is being used in India. This comes to about 70% of our current population. Every month sees an increase of around 6 million subscribers. That, in fact, is a lot of numbers.

With the increase in the number and make of mobile phones, there comes a demand for better applications. And in turn, huge scope of android mobile application development in India. Now, this puts a light on why companies like Nokia, BlackBerry, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Google and many others are going wild with their innovations - increase in the need and use of Mobile Applications.

Applications of android :

Utility programs.

Generic programs.

Integrated programs.

Specific software.

Bespoke software.

Word processing software.

Desktop publishing software.

Spreadsheet software

What are the skills required for Android Developer?

Technical Skills

· Java. You should of course be comfortable with the Java programming language. ...

· The Android SDK. Again, this goes without saying. ...

· Working with APIs. ...

· Git. ...

· Back-end Skills. ...

· Passion. ...

· Collaboration and communication. ...

· Writing

Android had Great Scope for Different Industries

· Business

· Finance

· Game

· Security

· E-Commerce

· Travel and Map

· Healthcare

What's new for developers in Android P?

Google's forthcoming Android P operating system looks to entice developers with enhancements for , machine learning, and application compatibility. The use of Kotlin as a supported language in (via a plugin) lets developers improve the performance of their code, Google says.

For on-device machine learning, the introduced in Android 8.1 will add nine capabilities: Pad, BatchToSpaceND, SpaceToBatchND, Transpose, Strided Slice, Mean, Div, Sub, and Squeeze. The C API runs computationally intensive machine learning operations.