C4

New York, busy as always.

Nothing changed much since Loki's last visit, and he knows it was an unpleasant one. Walking down the streets of the city he once subjugated, Loki saw familiar sights. Buildings. Stores. Things that were once broken by him. But those things are now restored, impressing the god.

He used to believe that humans were meant to be ruled. However their potential as a group -- a race -- makes them rather powerful. This potential of theirs is also their downfall. They could build if they wanted to. They could destroy if they wanted to.

These fleeting thoughts led Loki to an electronic shop. By the window, he noticed the televisions have become wider. Those in display showed Tony Stark. Thriving. Loki couldn't help but grin.

He entered, the door making a cling sound putting the attention to him.

He heard whispers. Who is this man? Why does he look like a rich businessman? Another competitor for Stark?

The god ignored them, going straight to the table where phones are displayed. They had become wider and bigger as well.

"How can I help you?" An old man, probably a salesperson, queried. "We have newly released phones. What brand are you looking for?"

Loki didn't know what to respond. He wasn't looking for anything, he's merely curious.

"I.. don't know. What's the best one?" Loki puts his hand on his chin before turning to the man.

"Well, I.." The salesman shrugged. "It depends on what you wanted on a phone. Large storage, high definition camera, wider screen.."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'll pick this." Loki points at a random phone, puts his hands on his pockets and proceeds to the nearby TV where a commercial of Avengers is playing.

When Thor appeared, he snorted. "He's on a film? He can't act for Valhalla's sake." Loki murmured to himself.

He could hear the whispers again. Is it because he's too ignorant of mortal technologies? Or are they finally recognizing who he is?

Loki strided towards the counter, avoiding the gaze of the people. He shouldn't have gone here. Why is he here in the first place? He doesn't even need a phone.

After receiving the box from the man, Loki hands him a wad of cash (definitely not stolen!), waving his hand goodbye to the awestruck people in the shop before exiting.

Now what, Loki thought. He doesn't even think he should wander around Earth when he has a whole kingdom to run. He's been staying here for too long and he's worried, although he can say time works differently in Asgard.

A coffee shop. The god absentmindedly went inside after having second thoughts of staying any longer. It was as if the Norns, the female beings who are in charge of fate, are obliging him to do so.

Perhaps they are?

Upon looking at strange names of drinks from the menu, Loki decided to order an iced coffee to refresh him from walking around the city. He sat down by the window, placing his gaze on the passersby.

"Is this seat taken?" A voice coming from in front of him surprised the god, snapping him back to focus.

"Sorry?" Loki turned his head to the woman in front. Red hair. Blue hoodie. Tight leather pants. "No, but there's tens of chairs available for you there."

"I know," She retorted. "But are you taken?" Grabbing the chair to pull and settle down, the girl grinned her brightest, resting her face on her palm while cupping her hot chocolate with her free hand.

Loki furrowed his brows, a bit rattled by the sudden question. He puts up a playful smile. "How lucky of you. I am not."

"Sigyn," the redhead extended her arm for a handshake. "What's your name, man in black?"

The god reached for the other, not breaking the eye contact. He likes the guts of this woman.

"Loki."

Maybe he can play around New York one more time.