Sinners🌫

Shailene Woodley as Rebecca
Amandla Stenberg as Hazel

"Rebecca, honey? Are you ready for church?" My mom yells from the kitchen. "Y-yes. I'll be down in a sec." I hate church. I don't even believe in God. And since I have no proof of his existence,I find him and church irrelevant to the world. Hazel is the only reason why I go willingly. She goes to the same church, on the same day, sits in the same seat, on the same row. But we never talk. I admire her from a distance every day and it hurts like he- fuck. I've completely fallen for her. It may sound ridiculous to some, but love at first sight is real.

The ride to church was quiet as per usual. Besides the trash gospel music playing. I take a seat on the opposite side of the row from Hazel. I admire her while I wait for service to start. For some reason, there isn't as many people here. I sometimes caught Hazel glancing at me, but didn't think much of it.

After service, I jog to the bathroom because i have to pee really bad. Swinging the door open fast and hard, I bump into someone and we fall down. I look at the person and it's Hazel. We immediately stand and apologize. "Well, I gotta go." I say quickly turning in the opposite direction. "No wait! Um, I-I have something to tell you." "O-okay." "I think I like you."

Hazel's POV (At service)

I occasionally glance at Rebecca. I'm trying not to, because I don't want to get caught, but I can't help it. She's so beautiful. Her smile is perfect and her eyes sparkle. I-I think I like her,but I don't think she likes girls.

Your/Rebecca's POV

"You like me?" "Ye-yeah. I mean it's okay if you don't like me back." I start blushing. "Are you blushing?" I don't respond. "Haha, you're so blushing." She smiles a little. "I like you too." I smile too.

After talking for a while, we decide to tell our moms that we like eachother. Fortunately, they were both conversing outside.

"Mom, we have something to tell you." She looks my way and smiles. "What is it honey?" Hazel and I smile at eachother and hold hands. Hazel's mom's smile disappears. "I like Rebecca." "I like Hazel." Hazel's mom closes her eyes and inhales. "I'm sorry what?" "We like eachother." "Love, we love eachother." I correct. I feel a stinging pain on my right cheeks. I hear Hazel gasp in shock. "What nonsense are you talking about!" I put my head down as the tears threaten the fall. Hazel screams. I look up and see her hair in her mom's hand. "How dare you two speak of such embarassing, disgusting things. You are children of Jesus for God's sake!" She pushes hazel's in the thorny bushes. My mom picks my ankle with her heels. "You disgusting lesbians are not welcome in the gates of heaven. You have committed a death worthy sin! YOU ARE SINNERS!!!" "Don't come in front of me until you realize what you have done and beg on your knees for God's forgiveness!"