Chapter Ten: It's Like The Darkness Is The Light

~~~~Anzai's POV~~~~

"Remember me?" He asks. "You barged into my office at the university and hit me until you broke my face." He adds and I look next to me and see Naomi.

Her face was whiter than a ghost, she was clutching onto the pole for dear life, for the very first time in a while, I saw her in fear.

"I'm so happy to see you both." Ochiai says and Naomi sits down in a seat, not taking her eyes off of him.

"What do you want?" I ask him.

"As if you didn't know. Do you have a clue of what I've been through? The university fired me, my wife left me, I have to pay an arm and leg in child support, and even better, a student put all of my personal information on the internet." Ochiai lists to me. "And the nightmare began the day you invaded my office. That was the day you ruined my life. Now, I'm an outcast to everybody." He tells me and I shrug.

"Do you think I care?" I ask him. "I never wanted to see your face again and she doesn't want you anywhere near her." I tell him as I glare at him.

"Is that because we're birds of a feather?" He asks and my eyes widen. "I've done quite a bit of research on you devils. And apparently your thirst for blood is aroused at the same time as your sex drive. You were in full monster mode in my office." Ochiai tells me and I stand there in shock.

He was right.

I began to remember Naomi's face when she looked back at me through the window. Her hand was covered in blood, her bra was pushed up over her chest, her shirt was ripped open, and she was in tears.

"You act so tough, but you're also a pervert, too! You were clearly turned on!" Ochiai exclaims and I gulp. "Seeing Kaarina Nanashima with her shirt off, waiting for me to do her!" Ochiai exclaims and I snapped.

I brought my fist around and punched him across the face, making his nose bleed and my bloodlust starting up. My eyes were slowly turning into the devil eyes.

"So what triggered the transformation? The memory of Nanashima's bare skin? Or, don't tell me, it was from this" Ochiai asks as he points to his nose. "Really?! My blood turns you on?! Gross!" He calls out.

The guy next to him then takes a picture of my eyes slowly turning into the devil ones.

"Hey, you got a boner?" He asks me. "From the nosebleed of a dude you never wanted to see again! Gotta feel sorry for you devils!" He exclaims as he cackles.

"I feel like someone's said something like that to me before."

"Even blood from an old man turns you on, eh? I almost feel sorry for you devils."

"His blood is actually ketchup. I got your mind off of it. You don't have anymore signs of transforming. So I guess you really do only go full-on devil when you're lusting after Naomi."

My eyes then widen once I realized something.

"When I punched him in the face, I didn't feel an urge."

"Do you have someone...you'd do anything to protect? If you don't, you wouldn't understand how I feel."

"Blood is a minor catalyst. The thing that's triggered my transformation more than anything else..."

As I began to think, I glanced over at Naomi, who had fainted at this point. She had looked terrified at the moments she saw Ochiai. She was afraid enough that she had fainted.

"What's wrong? Why so calm all of the sudden?" Ochiai asks me.

I then look behind me into the glass and stared at my eyes and realized how calm I was at that moment.