Snake Bait Island

Snake Bait Island

A mother and her daughter were sitting next to each other in a hole. No sooner then the mother begins to wake up, the daughter does also. They take deep breaths as they prepare to scream. He places his hands over their mouths. "You wanna get eaten?" The two node there heads no. And the man replies, "Then shut up and listen. You're on Snake Bait Island. It's my job to get you back to the compound safely."

The man then introduces himself as the Warrior. He tells them that he's been on the island for several years. He wasn't sure how or why he was there. But like them, He woke up and some one escorted him back to the compound too.

The warrior went on to tell them that the island was filled with large snakes and that they would most likely encounter one on the way. When that happens, stay behind me. Don't run or grab on to me. Just stay behind me and watch my back just in case another snake comes up behind us. Oh, and one more thing, we don't use our real names here. Don't ask me why, we just don't, so we'll call you Mom and we'll call you lil' Bit."

Warrior stood up and pushes the hatch above their heads open. He then checks for snakes. "C'mon it's clear." He said.

The girls climbed out of the hole and looked around. There was a large cage around them. "The cage is so we don't get jumped coming out of the hole." Warrior said with almost a laugh in his voice.

The three had not been walking for five minutes when warrior said, "I don't like this. It's too quiet. Too quiet." Shaking his head back and forth. "Check your six." "What's my six?" Lil Bit asked. "Behind you, twelve is in front, three is your right, nine is your left and six is your back.

Suddenly the weeds ruffled and a snake raised up with a head the size of a watermelon. Mom passed out and fell to the ground but before she hit Warrior reached back, whipped his sword out and slice the snake's head down the middle with one swing. "Game over for you man!" he shouted. He then looked around for any other animals.

"You were right Warrior! Look at the size of that thing. How do we get off this island? We can't stay here. We'll be eaten." Lil Bit shouted. "Mom! Mom! Are you O.K?

Mom woke up and let out a scream so loud Warrior was sure they heard it back at the compound. "This is real! This is real!" Mom shouted shaking every part of her body. "We gotta get off this island. We gotta get off this island. We gotta get off this island. You hear me. We just can't stay here."

Lil' Bit was trying to control her mother as best she could. Warrior was trying his hardest not to let them see him because she was so funny to him shaking and repeating herself over and over.

Lil' Bit turned to Warrior. "Help me Warrior, tell her it's going to be alright." Warrior was cutting a section out of the snake because the whole snake was too big for him to carry. He turned towards the girls and said. "Oh it's gonna be alright. Yeah, it's going to be all right. Then without warning Warrior's knees buckle and he fell to the ground holding his stomach and laughing so hard that no sound was coming out of his mouth. "Stop it warrior. Stop it; she's scared to death.

Warrior could not stop laughing. It was the best laugh he had had in years. He rolled onto his side and then on his back.

After a few minutes Lil' Bit began to laugh at him. Then Mom began to laugh at how funny Warrior looked rolling from side to side.

It took a while but Warrior regained his composure and then helped Mom up "What are you doing to that snake Warrior," ask Mom. "I'm chopping a section out for food. This is dinner." Replied Warrior. He tied a rope around the snake so he could drag it, and they headed for the compound.