Twisted Texas Tornado

        It started as a normal day in Waco, Texas in 1953. Then dark low clouds came to warn the people of Waco, Texas of an impending weather crisis. Did the people suspect an F5 tornado? The air was heavy and still, like it was going to rain. The sky turned dark, almost black, and the rain poured down like there was no tomorrow. This made the people of Waco, Texas gloomy. This was not all though, because the rain started to fly sideways. The people ran for the safety of there homes because they knew a tornado was coming.

        As the people were running to safety, the overwhelming wind even blew their clothing off! This predicament made people sprint to safety. As the wind continued, a loud roaring noise began that sounded like a freight train. People screamed in fright as they saw their friends and family get sucked up into the tornado. Kids and parents tripped over mail boxes, mannequin legs, and chairs (e.x.) from houses and stores.

        At last, the tornado was gone, but the rain continued blow sideways. Houses and stores were destroyed, as well, many cars were smashed or deeply scratched. People continued to wail as they saw their loved ones injured or dead. Five hundred people were injured and one hundred and fourteen people died in this horrible tornado.