Tricks to help stay safe in a tornado

        Even though you can never really tell when a tornado is on its way, here are a few things that can help you know when a tornado may be on its way. The first sign a twister is on its way is that the bright blue sky will turn a dark greenish color and hail will begin to fall. As the tornado gets near, you may hear a loud roaring noise like a freight train. These are a few ways to tell if a twister is near.

        Even though tornadoes are very dangerous and deadly here are ways to stay safe when a tornado is near by. Right when you hear that a tornado is coming your way, you should put on sturdy boots. You should wear boots so you do not step on anything sharp or dangerous. Of course, when the tornado siren goes off, hurry to the lowest floor of the building you are in and, try to find a room with no windows. If you do not have a room in your house without windows, make sure that while you are in a room, do not open any windows. By keeping your windows closed during a tornado, you can keep items from flying into your house. If the room you are in has a desk or table in it, sit under it. So that if anything falls down it will fall on the table or desk and not on you. If you do all of these recommended things you will be as safe as you can be when a tornado heads your way.