Prologue

My story started with the wrong person.

Quite dramatic, I believe, especially for someone who does not fancy drama queens or daily soap operas.

My life took such a drastic turn as if doing a complete round about.

I was not expecting to end up like this, not when everything started to crumble.

.

2016

23th of December

8.30 p.m

Anonymous

She left the building, tears rolling down her red puffed cheeks.

It felt cold...and lonely.

Tiny white flakes showered the town, from this dark night's sky.

She clutched the sides of her hoodie tightly and wandered about; where the street lights would guide her.

"Hi, is this Ross? Well I need someone for the night.
-Sure, just text me the location.
Thanks."

In a half hour, she made her way towards the hotel she had been called to.

Several times, her subconscious mind contradicted her actions and she felt the need to escape from there.

But no.

"Enough is enough," she had said.

If he had the right to cheat and have the night of his life, why couldn't she? 

She thought it was a bad idea but she would do it anyways.
Because she did not care anymore, at least not for this guy.

Where had those eighteen months of compromise and trust gone suddenly?

When you feel betrayed and useless, you normally tend to overlook things a bit but I guess she had made up her mind to reach this step at last.

If anything or anyone could possibly keep her mind off from him today, she would certainly agree for it.

After some time, she finally spotted the guy and signalled him to come over to her table.

She flashed a toothy smile, and he did too, the dimpled one that most girls would usually die for.

"Evelyn."

"Lucas."

They shook hands and sat down.

"Beautiful name you've got, Evelyn. Pretty like yourself."

He for sure was a flirtatious one, she thought but guessed that it was probably the usual part of his job.

"Well, Imma say same goes to you too."

He wiped his hands under the table, out of sheer nervousness, which was threatening to escape at any moment if he did not keep his posture.

Anyways, it was his first.

"Hmm I know it will be kind of awkward but I think we should already talk about this right. I mean, no rush but still I should know. So, what flavour do you prefer- your favourite?"

He seemed a bit rattled by this sudden question about his favourite food flavour but maybe, it was all part of this kind of thing.

"Well I am someone who actually fantasizes about chocolate more than you know, the others."