Red

Johnny didn’t act angry. Clarence explained that Ian was simply showing his appreciation of coaching him in the test by inviting him for coffee. At first, Johnny looked as if he won’t accept it but eventually did. Usually, Johnny wouldn’t but he couldn’t help but give in to those red lips turned down to a pout, eyes downcast and teary(?), and how it all doesn’t seem so fair to agree that Ian is just a friend and not a rival that Johnny wants to throw in a sink hole somewhere in Guatemala. You’d think that he’d be annoyed, angry, and jealous. But he tries not to. And it is Johnny’s fault for saying it’s alright but it’s not.

This Ian, whatever his last name is, is deducting his time with Clarence. Ever since Clarence met him, he’s been spending a wad of time with Ian. Johnny trusts Clarence’s word that Ian is a friend. Only a friend. Johnny and Clarence are finally official and now some bloke just showed up, and Clarence is all over him.

Goodness, he doesn’t want to be an overbearing boyfriend to Clarence but this guy is bringing out a possessive side he didn’t knew he had. For weeks now, he always locks himself in his private gym to work- out but now he has taken a keen liking in pulverizing the dummies (body opponent bags) and heavy punching bags. Which resulted in a cycle of getting rid of the old and buying new ones on e-bay every week.

What does that guy have that I don’t? He delivers a harsh jab on the dummy’s abdomen, that left a large dent. He follows it up with a strong hook kick that forcefully took the dummy’s head off, and a final push kick that sent it flying backwards.

“Oh look! Another mangled victim.”

Johnny turned his head to only to see Alexander, complete in his corporate suit. He circles the remains of the dummy, and lightly kicks it expecting it to stand up and fight back.

“What’s troubling you, little brother? The dummies are innocent and aren’t in any way involved in your predicament.”

“Just some guy who got my boyfriend’s attention.” Alexander smiled. It was the most likeable trait of his brother to be honest. It’s also one of the reasons why his wife didn’t allow his bachelor party.

“Just jealous then?”

“You don’t understand, Alex! I know this guy’s stealing Clarence away from me. I can feel it.” Johnny moved on to a red punching bag, “I just can’t do anything about it without making Clarence upset.”

“Wait… wait.. Wasn’t your punching bag blue?”

“I ordered a new one.”

“Why what happened to the previous one?”

Johnny shifted his eyes to the left side of the room, Alexander followed his gaze where three heavy punching bags are lying on the floor with too many holes and sand surrounding the area.

“Okay. That boy really mean that much to you?” Alexander couldn’t help his lips turning up.

“More than you know.” Johnny sighed

“Hmm… Then I’ll teach you something interesting, which is quite common.”

“Will it get me back my Clarence?” Johnny stops his jabs on the punching bag. His attention now fully on Alexander.

“Yes it will get your Clarence back.” Probably.

“Really? I’m all ears, Alex.” Johnny sits down and takes his gloves off, his knuckles with a painful red glow. Alexander grimaced.

“You need to give him space.

“Space?”

“You know, don’t bother him for a while. Don’t be too attentive, he’ll tire out.”

“But what if he needs me?”  Johnny asked earnestly. His tone suddenly worried.

“Then, wait for him to come to you.”

“But, what if I’m too late?”

“You won’t. Trust me. Clarence simply is befriending this guy and he maybe just trying to get to know him.”

“And if that guy tries his hands on my Clarence.”

Your Clarence? “Then you’d have a reason to leave your poor punching bags alone and try your fists on the real problem at hand. But I don’t recommend that.”

Alexander could see the little kid he used to carry in bed, the kid he fed, and the little boy he used to protect with the way his brother is acting. But this is only the help he can give, because Johnny’s a man now, taller and stronger than him. He needs to fight his own battles.

Johnny released a big sigh and went his way towards a cabinet. He fished out some bandages and started to roll it on his fists.

“I’ll do that…But if it gets out of hand,” or if Clarence gets hurt “I’m ending it.”

Alexander patted his brother’s back, “It’ll work. I got Stephanie, stop meeting her shitty ex, didn’t I?”

Johnny shook his head but smiled nonetheless.

                                       09090909090909090909090

Hi, guys!

Much love to all of you. Pax  : )