begining

XXXXXXXXXX

Minato sat in the hospital bed recovering from the nine tails when a nurse came in with a crib holding his two twin sons. The hokage looked at the baby boy with red hair and purple eyes and he smiled. The red headed boy is his son Menma and he was the spitting image of his beloved wife Kushina who sacrificed herself to Shinigami to save him.

Minato picked up Menma and cradled the infant in his arms.

A ninja appeared "hokage-sama, if you have recover enough the council would like to see you"

Minato didn't take his eyes off his red headed son as he responded "tell the council I'll be there in a minute" the ninja nodded and left.

XXXXXXXXXX

The hokage entered the council room and sat down with Menma in his arms.

A council member stood up "thank you for coming Hokage-sama, it's good to see that you are alright. If you are up to it, we would like to know what happened"

Minato nodded "when Kushina, Biwako and I made to the hidden birthing room Biwako induced her labor and Kushina gave birth to Menma. But right when Biwako took Menma to get checked at the hospital, a masked man killed her and took our son hostage. The masked man threw my son into the air and I managed save Menma, but Kushina was taken and the nine tails was released by the masked man. I knew sealing it was the only option so Kushina used her chakra chains to hold the fox while I used Menma -"

A random council stood "so that thing is the demon, shouldn't we kill it" every civilian council member agreed that the infant should be killed.

The hokage panicked, he looked at his son. He couldn't lose another part of Kushina. That's when he remembered the other child, Naruto, and mentally smirked. Minato flared his killer intent and effectively shutting everyone up "I'm afraid you misunderstand, Menma only contains the demon's power. I managed to split the demon fox into his power and his soul. Like I said Menma holds the power and the soul is in an orphan I was lucky enough to find"

As he expected the council started calling for the death of the child who contains the soul and he was relieved. He didn't care what happened to his blonde child because it was actually Naruto who was captured by the masked man, not Menma. He foolishly blamed Naruto for his wife's death.

XXXXXXXXXX

6 years later

A small blonde 6 year old child known as Naruto was running as fast as he could from four drunk men. The boy could smell foul stench of alcohol on the men as they got closer. Naruto got a lucky break when the drunks tripped over themselves. that gave Naruto a chance to use his powers for they go slow down and he to pull ahead and the little blonde thought he was home free, but then he felt a sharp pang in his neck and collapsed.

He couldn't move ...

The drunks were coming ...

"here you are demon" someone slurred

They found him ...

Then pain ... so much pain ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Tsume Inuzuka looked at the little blonde boy in her clans infirmary. He was lying on a bed covered in blood soaked bandages "you'll be ok little guy" she whispered as she brushed his bangs away.

Tsume's daughter Hana came in "Mom, Sarutobi-sama is here" She nodded and the two women left the boy to his dreams.

Tsume stepped into her living room and saw Hiruzen Sarutobi standing there "thank you for coming Sarutobi-sama"