Chapter 1: The Incident

ARMINS POV:

The final bell of the day rang. My heart pounded as I quickly stood up and rushed out of the classroom. They caught up to me quickly and shoved me to the ground. I fell and all my books and papers scattered.

"No," I mumbled.

I turned around and looked up at them in fear. Jean, Connie, and Ymir. My bullies.

"Hey nerd." Jean said as he kicked my side.

I coughed at the sudden impact and winced as I put my hand on my side.

"Hey freak." Connie said, putting his foot on my stomach, pinning me to the ground.

Ymir didn't say anything, she just kicked my hip. I yelped. She smirked with slight satisfaction. But this wasn't enough.

"He's even uglier up close." Connie said.

"I don't know why he hasn't killed himself yet. Do us a favor fatty." Jean said.

They all laughed. My eyes began to water. I quickly wiped them away.

"Aw, is little baby going to cry for us?" Ymir asked.

They laughed again.

"Stop it!!" Someone said.

They all looked over, at someone I couldn't see. They were obviously shocked.

"What are you going to do about it Jaeger?" Jean asked, smirking.

Jaeger, Eren Jaeger. He was in a few of my classes. We've done a project together before. I don't know him very well, I don't have any friends, but I know he's friendly. Jean walked over and pinned him against the lockers.

"Eren don't," I said, pushing Connie's foot off my stomach so I could sit up.

He just put his foot back on my stomach and rested more of his weight on me. I wiped my eyes again.

"I'm fine."

I was surprised he was standing up for me. Everyone was afraid of them, and nobody cared enough to say anything to help me out, until now.

"You three leave Armin alone." He said firmly.

"Or what? You're going to run home crying to your mom? Oh wait, she's dead." Jean laughed.

Eren's face went hot and my mouth fell agape. He clenched his fist and punched jean hard in the jaw, knocking him back a few feet. My eyes widened as I tried to comprehend what just happened. Before he could retaliate, eren grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and brought him close.

"Leave Armin alone, and don't fucking talk about my mother." He said angrily.

I had no idea eren was so strong. All three of them exchanged glances. Jean pushed eren off of him and walked away with Ymir and Connie. Eren sighed and unclenched his fists. He began picking up some of my things. I tried to sit up but winced at the pain. Eren saw this and held out a hand.

"Need help?" He asked.

I didn't want to look weak so I held on to the wall and pulled myself up. I grunted and winced.

"I'm fine." I said.

He handed me my things and smiled. I gave him a greatful smile and wiped my eyes.

"Are you hurt?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Probably just some bruises. I'll be fine. Are you?" I ask, noticing how red his knuckles were.

He nodded.

"Yeah, it hurts, but only for a little while." I nodded and began limping to my locker.

Eren followed me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Making sure they don't come back." He said.

I grabbed my stuff out of my locker and packed everything away before locking it again. I sighed and tried to put my backpack on my shoulders, but it hurt so I ended up carrying it in my hand. Eren still followed. I turned to him.

"Thank you." I said.

He smiled at me.

"Well they had it coming." He shrugged.

We walked out the door of the school building.

"I gotta go now, talk to you tomorrow?" He said.

I looked at him with shock. Tomorrow? Talk? Again?

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course! I'd love to get to know you better!"

"O-okay," I said

"Bye Armin!" He shouted, running to catch up with his sister mikasa, who had already began walking the other way.

I sighed and started the walk home.

Authors Note: Hey guys! I hope you'll enjoy the story as I post it, I'm thinking of posting once a week, probably on Sundays or Mondays. Also I just want to apologize for any bad grammar or spelling errors, I do not edit these chapters before posting so yeah sorry about that. Anyways I hope you enjoy! ~Alaska