Chapter 2: Home Life

Armins POV:

I walked up to my house and limped inside. My grandparents looked up to greet me but immediately got concerned when they saw that I was limping.

"Armin honey what happened?" Grandmother asked, standing up.

I shook my head and sighed.

"Was it those rascals at school again? I'll bet you it was them." Grandfather said.

"Was it?" She asked.

"No, I just fell is all." I lied.

I didn't feel like talking and explaining. I was both mentally and physically exhausted.

"Well are you okay?" They asked.

I nodded.

"I'm fine."

I walked down the hall to my room. We live in a small 2 bedroom house with one bathroom, a small kitchen and a living room. It's old and rundown, but we can't afford any better. I walk into my room and shut the door. The tears flow freely now as I throw my bag to the floor and sit down on the bed. I let out a soft sob as I pull my knees to my chest and put my head in between them.

'Im fine', biggest lie I've ever told, and I tell it every day. I know that everything they said is true. The bullies, I mean. I'm fat, ugly, a nerd, a freak, worthless. I really should just kill myself. I even have a date set, 2 weeks from today. I sighed and let out another sob. Tears streamed down my face.

I am weak. Pathetic. Why can't I stop crying?

I lifted the mattress and grabbed a matchbox. I slid open the lid to reveal a razor blade i took out of a pencil sharpener. It is the only sharpener we have but because my grandparents are getting old, they won't miss it. They've already forgotten about it. It's quite sharp.

I rolled up the sleeve of my blue sweater to reveal the scars from previous cuts. I let out another quiet sob as I took the blade and dragged it across my pale skin, painting crimson lines on my arm. I did this several more times before stopping. I stared at the blood dripping down my arm.

After a few minutes, I tip toed into the bathroom and washed the blood off. I took a paper towel and pressed on the cuts until they stopped bleeding. I hid the bloody towel under some garbage in the garbage can before pulling my sleeve down and walking back to my room.

I wiped my eyes and sniffed as I rehid the blade. I sat back on the bed and contemplated today's events.

Why did eren help me? Why does he want to talk again tomorrow? A million questions ran through my head.

A few minutes later my grandmother called for dinner. I sighed and walked out. She served the food and we ate in silence. I pulled on my left sleeve to keep it down so the cuts wouldn't show.

Afterwards my grandparents went back into the living room. They had the tv turned up loud. I snuck into the bathroom and closed the door. I kneeled next to the toilet and stuck my finger down my throat.

I gagged a few times before throwing up. I wiped my mouth in disgust and flushed.

I washed my hands and walked out. Luckily they didn't hear a thing. I walked back into my room and sighed.

"I guess I better get started on homework." I mumbled to myself as I pulled my books out of my bag.

All the papers were messed up and out of order. I sighed and reorganized them.

Afterwards I took out a notebook and my algebra homework and started on it.

I finished around 9 o'clock and decided it was time for sleep. I changed into a t-shirt and boxers and slipped into bed. I sighed and quickly fell asleep.