Chapter 3 - Is she dead?

I head back to the hospital. I buy some coffee and find Christina. ”Anything new” i ask. ”Not yet, Cameron, come sit down” ”i bought some coffee, I thought you needed it.” I say and give her, her coffee. “You’re such a sweetheart Cameron, you’re so good for Ali” she say looking at me and smile. I look at her and down again. “I don’t think so” I whisper. “What” She ask confused, “Nothing Mrs. C” I say.

It’s been a day since the accident, and I still haven’t slept. I’m thinking too much.

What if she won’t wake up ever again? What if I never get to kiss her lips again? What if I never get the change to tell her that I didn’t cheat on her.

I can’t believe she thought I cheated on her. She’s everything I want.

“Mr. and Mrs. Campbell” a woman asks us. “I’m Mrs. Campbell but this is my daughters boyfriend, Cameron. And you are?” Christina asks. “I’m sorry, I’m Elizabeth Parker. I’m the one who drove the car, and before you say anything, I am so, so sorry. I really didn’t see her. Everything happened so fast. I swear if I could go back I would. And I understand if you can’t forgive me. I just want to say that I’m am really, sorry” She says, I can see in her eyes she’s about to cry. “Thank you. we know that it was an accident, and of course we will forgive you but we need some time. We still don’t know if she will make it. I appreciate you coming here” Christina says. “I understand that. She’s in my prayers. Again I’m so sorry. I wish you all the best. Goodbye” She says and leaves.

I look at Christina. She’s sleeping. Ali looks a lot like her, specially when she’s sleeping.

“Excuse me, are you Alison’s family” a man asks us. Christina wakes up and we stand up. “Yes, I’m her boyfriend and this is her mom” I say. “I have to tell you something, and I think it’s best if you sit down” he says.