Caught

I apologize for the many MONTHS, yes many MONTHS, that I didn't upload. I just had AWFUL writers block and this is what I finally but slowly whipped up. I hope that you enjoy it. I tried so hard on this so please don't hate me. Enjoy please!  Be sure to check out the video & picture in the media!

Wanton: Chapter 14: Caught

Charlie:

"A Florida State Seminole?" I grinned and gave the heavy ass canoe one more good shove.

Honestly, I could already imagine all of my muscles snapping from this one task alone while Asher's appeared to have already done this a million times. And to break it to myself, he had.

"Cue the applause." The handsome Hobbes bowed as I almost doubled over from my wimpy lung capacity.

Careful hands weaved around my waist and lifted me into the boat that bobbed on top of the murky Hobbes's Lake water. As predicted my sudden illness wasn't going to go away as quickly as I'd like it to. A cheek peck was given because I was secretly proud of my once academically slacking boyfriend. He was finally accepted. And into a good college, if I might add.

Chestnut hair carelessly dipped down his forehead and the evening sun highlighted peachy skin. Blue eyes that weren't my own intently absorbed the beauty of the Maine woods. The endless greenery, the misty air, the earthy lake aroma. All senses were peaked.

"I knew you could do it." I sighed before he pushed us far from the shore and let the lake's current aimlessly pull us into it's curves.

"All thanks to your wake up call." A lop-sided grin tugged on his charming face.

A smile was flashed in return. Sunlight reflected in bows off of the water as the lake gobbled us in further. Millions of tree trunks continued to rush past as the glowing ball of orange sunk behind the Maine mountains. We got lost in aimless conversation only drunk off each other's touch and presence. No later than the actual sunset, Asher steered us back to shore, docked the boat, and helped a fragile me from the canoe. Tic tac lungs disagreed resulting in a fury of chest pain.

"Thanks." I chimed with too many appreciations to label just one.

"My pleasure." A palm kiss was received on my part.

A concerned hand was pressed to my lower back as we scanned for a place to witness the sun's gorgeous departure. By the tenseness in his hand, I could tell that he was actually scared. This only brought another smile to my mouth.

"Asher Grey, you aren't going to break me like little a toothpick, okay?" I pronounced with a hint of amusement in my tone.

"You sound like you're breaking on your own, Charlie. Are you okay?" A daring eyebrow pricked before mulch molded to our asses settling to the ground.

"I sure hope so." I exhaled before crawling between his long legs to witness the sun clocking out for the day leaving a trail of beauty behind itself.

Asher:

"Lift on three, Keat." I grunted before my partner practically flunked in the lifting department.

"I may play the same sport as you, but I'm not as strong." The blonde flung himself to the newly put down pavement.

I could disagree a million times to that statement. The guy did break my jaw.

An unamused Hillary watched the teen roll around like a kid throwing a tantrum while I lifted the bag of gravel to the center of the lot. Charlie looped an arm around the blonde drama king and helped him to his feet. They both were wheezing.