He's fine

Both JH and Drift had become sleep deprived texting each other for hours straight. JH heard the click of the door. Ann was home! JH typed in a quick 'brb' and rushed to the living room.
"Heyy, Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmnn-" JH was cut off, "What'd you do this time?" Ann asked setting her groceries on the counter. "Well, I met a new friend!", concern spread across Ann's face. "What's their name? Did they look suspicious? Are they in any way dealing drugs orany kind or illegal service-" JH slipped her hand over Ann's mouth, having her hold her phone to read over their messages. JH slipped her hand away as Ann's eyes skimmed over the screen.

"I-I guess they're fine."

"Good." JH says, grabbing her phone back.

💙

3 a.m. Tuesday, September 4th.
JH grabs her journal from under her bed. She opened it to the very middle page. The single word, BLANK , was written across the two pages, alongside a doodle of the character.
"How was your day?"

"I made a friend, his name is Drift, I want him to love me, I just met him."

"Tragic."

"No shit, Blank. I'm going to sleep."

"Sleep well."

JH slammed her journal closed, hoping to not wake Ann in the room next to her. She got down, putting it back under her bed.
She was pretty tired, yet, she stayed up, reading Jalbert fanfictions. It gave her a nostalgic feeling she liked.