Finally we meet!

-Lexi's P.O.V- 

" ALEXIS WAKE THE HELL UP" My mom yelled from downstairs. 

Great to day is the day I go to my new school, great I have to deal with a bunch of people that I will probably have nothing to do with in 3 years. I have to admit I have been kind of shutting to world out since the incident with my dad. I got out of my bed and me being the klutzy weirdo I tripped and made a bang noise. 

" Damn unicorn shit"

As I started to get up I can hear my mom coming up to my room which she doesn't really do only because my room is in the attic. I like my new room since I got to chose, it's like my own apartment.

" Alexis watch your language but seriously what the hell unicorn shit really" I have to say though everything we are going though right now my mom is my best friend.

" Lexi start getting ready, oh you need to remember to wear your ring. Just in case you know someone at you school might be the one" Oh god why are we talking about this.

" Mom its not like I can leave the house with out it" I said making sure that her question sounded stupid.

        You are probably confused about what the actual hell is going on. Well you know in books like harry potter there are wizards, and in Percy Jackson there are demigods, and in mortal instruments there's Clace well what I meant was shadow hunters. That's in their world in my world I have jewelry that heats up. Well not in that fashion, in my world we have special pieces of jewelry that heats up when we are close to our soul mate, it gets hotter the closer we get. I never really questioned the whole thing, but basically there are these old woman that I guess live forever and they make these pieces of jewelry for each person. Each piece is made for each person to help them find their soul mate. My mom says they read the stars to know who belong together forever, like in romance books they say their love was written in the stars that why these creepy old ladies "read the stars".In my opinion it's just really unbelievable how my grandma barley can recognize when I am inches away from her face and these woman can read the stars which are million of miles away. Anyways it's illegal to go any where with out your piece of jewelry. I keep saying piece of jewelry because I have ring that heats but my mom had a necklace. I just really wonder how they make them heat up but you know it's a unanswerable question.

As I walked down the stairs to the kitchen I just stared at my ring it's black with a white rock. I have always wondered what it feels like when my ring heats up. 

"Lexi your spacing out again hurry up and eat your toast so I can drop you off at school." 

" Ok mom, you dont have to drop me off I can drive you know" I'm 17 I have my license and I am a good driver. 

" I know hunny I just have to talk to your principle. You can drive your car to school tomorrow"

" Okay I'm fine with that" 

" Oh shit look at the time we got to go or you will be late on your first day and we dont want that do we"

" Actually we do and mom watch your language"

" Really baby girl if I remember you just screamed unicorn shit so shut up and get in the car" 

" Okay, okay I get it" I have to admit my mom is different from other mom's. We actually are really close. As we got in the car my mom started laughing out of no where.

"I almost forgot my god go call Mason and tell him have a good day at school"  She said starting the car. My brother is in collage and is only about 45 minutes away he lives in a apartment with his girlfriend. I admire their love they met in High School. Ally was a student at the my brothers rival school they met at a football game when my brother was on the bench and she walked by and their rings started to heat. My brother says he was absolutely in love with her and now they live together so you get the rest of the story. I called my brother obeying my mothers orders as we started driving to the High School I looked out the window trying to remember the way so I wont get lost tomorrow.