8. Decisions

Harry

I was really in no mood to come out tonight, but Janelle insisted we go to this hot new club, and since I had a connect with Portia's uncle, we got in easily.

Never in a million years did I think Portia would also be here with Cambri.

She seemed to be ducking me, as if they didn't want to see me.

Which I completely understand.

I knew I shouldn't have told Cambri I was dating Janelle. And the proof of that lies in everything that just happened.

I know, I seem like the world's biggest ass. I told Cambri I wanted to be with her and once she shut me down, just a week later I start hooking up with someone else. Not only that, I then introduced the girl I'm dating the girl that I'm in love with.

I probably shouldn't be dating at all, but the only way I'll ever get over her is by throwing myself at someone else and seeing what could become of it.

Besides, this was her idea people. Not mine. If I could drop everything and confess all of my love to her, convince her to be with me, and reassure her I would never hurt her, I would do it all over again.

But I won't, because she'll just shut me down again, and maybe my pride is too high. I rather have my pride high then get hurt again. I love her too much.

So I bet you can imagine how scared I was when she fell to the floor, unconscious. 

I dropped to my knees and lifted her head off of the floor, cradling her frail body in my arms, with tears forming at my eyes. "Call an ambulance," I yelled, my voice beginning to crack. 

"Stay with me, Cami," I whispered in her ear, as her eyes began to flutter open.

She tried to talk but I shushed her calmly, her face as pale as ever.

We heard the sirens wailing in the distance, and I carried her bridal style outside to the truck.

Janelle was staring with negativity all over her face, but I didn't even care at that moment. I needed to make sure Cambri was okay. We all got into the truck and went with her to the hospital.

I called her mother to come meet us there, apologizing every three seconds. 

The ride to the hospital was silent, except for the EMT's putting the oxygen mask over Cambri's mouth and trying to take her vitals. She was drunk, so it was taking her awhile to fully wake up, but she was responsive.

*

We were sitting in the waiting room for almost a half hour. Portia was pacing back and forth around the room, and so many levels of anger rushed through my veins at the sight of her.

"What the fuck were you thinking bringing her out to drink at a club when you know she's been sick this whole week," I spat, glaring up at Portia as my leg bounced uncontrollably.

She scoffed and stopped dead in her tracks.

"Excuse me," she began slowly approaching me with her hands crossed over her chest. 

"I had to do something to get her mind off of what you were doing," she snapped, as I furrowed my eyebrows, now becoming annoyed at her poor excuse.

"You had no problem introducing her to this new girl, and you certainly had no worry for her when you also went out clubbing tonight." Portia sneered and turned around, giving a dirty stare to Janelle.

"In his defense, I was the one who dragged him out tonight," Janelle interrupted with sincerity. "This is all my fault,"

"No, stop it," I stood up. "This is not your fault," I paused.