Prologue

(Red's POV)

I am a fan of true love's kiss. I really like Snow White, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Aurora, Ariel, Belle and Little Red Riding Hood. I really love their stories. Others might say that they are not real but in my heart they are. Maybe they really existed if you just believe that they do and simply not believing in them makes them only a tale; a story that are made of fictions and a story which everyone forgotten when they all grown up but I am an exception to that. What makes me not forget? Because it's like their stories are my stories, that their happy endings are mine too as I've read them all, over and over again. I feel like I was the one who played their roles and it makes me so happy and makes me believe that they're real and that they should not be forgotten because they are our constant reminder that in everything that happens, there is always hope. They all have different stories, different tragedies and different difficulties but all are love stories and they have always fought for their love that ends up in their own happy ending. They were all the reasons why I believe in it, yes I do believe in happy ending. Yes, happy ending.

But I doubt I ever get one.

I doubt that I will going to have my own happy ending just like what those Princesses have. I doubt having one but that doesn't make me stop believing in it, because happy ending do really exist, and it does not happened only in books or in movies because it happens in real life. Why do I say so? Because whenever I look around to find mom and dad growing old together and still loving each other; that is their happy ending. Seeing a boy and a girl being happy together with their puppy love that they were fighting to make it lasts; that is their happy ending. A man or a woman still loving someone even if that one is dying but they were happy; that is their happy ending. A single mom giving everything she can for her children that causes her more of happiness; that is their happy ending. A girl or a boy letting someone go in the sake for the one they love; that is their happy ending. All happy endings's proofs are all around us, they surround us and I didn't failed to see those but most does. Because one thing you should know about it? it happens when you believe in it. We only believe on something once we see it but sometimes we need to believe first so we will be able to see.

Happy ending doesn't really mean it's the end, let's just make it sound like happiness without an ending. That is happy ending in my own understanding and it wasn't the end of the book, it's likely the start. Happy ending? It was fighting all the time for us to be happy without ends and loving someone without ending; a happy ending.

Why do I doubt having one? I just feel it. Nobody ever gets near me, I mean boys. They never even bother to look at me, sometimes they did but they never look again the way they always did to other girls. Boys probably hate me, NO! Boys probably hate my physical appearance. They don't like me and never will, I guess. That's the thing here why I doubt having one. How can I have a happy ending when no one ever bothers to ask my name? And to even look at me? I blame it all on this unlucky face. I blame this all not to myself but into my most ugliest face anyone can ever have. I even hate it myself and so why others will even love it when I myself hate it? Yeah, It does really make sense.

Well, I'm Red. I am happy as my name sounded but not really by the fact that I can't have a happy ending. No matter how much I hate my face, I did love the life God had given me. I have a very loving and supportive mom and a very hard working and protective dad who always guide me in the very best way. I'm the only one they had so all their love and attention was set on me. No, I don't hate them being strict because I'm an open minded person, I am far different from others. I love them being so strict at me and so they just don't go strict with me now. See? Gain their trust and you'll be free. I'm wise.

Not only I have a happy and complete family, I also have loveable cousins and very adoring relatives who keep contact with me even if they were miles away. The three sisters of my mom were two cities away from ours and dad is the only son, just like me. I'm the only daughter the Tylers can ever have. I have two great and lovely bestfriends who I can really count on to. I love all of them, I am more than thankful that I have them in my life. Yeah, me being Red still have all the reasons to be happy as what my name defines in Arts and in seasons.