chapter 9: The showdown

"You should have some backup, at least let us around the perimeter." said one of Bachman's subordinate. "No this guy was very clear, I come alone or she dies." Bachman replied. "You know this could be a trap, it's no good if you too get trapped..." "I won't!" Bachman cut him off "what would you do if it was your daughter or your wife or your mother, I will not get dragged into this debate over and over agai..."

"Go." Mitchel cut Bachman off, looking him dead in the eye. "Go get Jessica. Stop Michael. End it, once and for all." Bachman nodded towards Mitchel. "Take this ear piece, say the code word green and a swat team will arrive at you back up. This code green will confirm the Jessica is safe and is with you and only then will the swat team move in. If something goes wrong say red. " said the subordinate. "Thanks" replied Bachman. "Thank us when she is back." Mitchel said and just like that Bachman turned around and went off into the night.

A could of smoke rose up behind him as Bachman walked down to through dark and damp alley. It was raining and the lightning sparked behind him followed by the sound of the deafening thunders mayhem. He reached toward his gun holster and felt the cold metal of his gun reassuring as it was his only ally. All his senses were heightened and his body was on full alert. He saw the Tosca cartage sign and besides it was an old and rusted iron door. He pushed the door and it opened with a thick creaking sound like something was stuck in a poor animal's throat. He pointed his gun tactically, making sure the trijicon of glock was on par with his aim. You could drop a pin here and could hear drop clear as day, he thought. He kept his hand glued to his gun. The sensation of the metal made him feel safer as he progressed through the shadows. He smelled a faint odour as he kept walking. The darkness in here had completely taken away his sense of sight and he also couldn't understand what the strange smell was as it started to grow more and more. Suddenly his eyes burnt as the bright light started to shine on his face. "You're here. I was wondering when you'd show up." Said Michael as he emerged from the shadows and came face to face with Bachman. The former black ops aimed his gun towards Michael in the blink of an eye, his finger on the trigger. One shot, point blank to his head and he be dead before he hits the ground, Bachman thought. "I'd think twice about that if I were you." As Michael said that he turned his face toward his right and as he did that another light shined up, this time piercing the eyes of his beloved daughter.

"Oh my God..." those were the only words that detective Bachman could conjure up as he saw Jessica tied to a chair wearing a jacked rigged up with military grade C4 explosives. He was baffled and as soon as Michael saw his opening he swiftly countered Bachman. In a matter of seconds the gun that was his biggest ally had turned in to his most dangerous enemy. Jessica gained consciousness slowly and saw Michael holding a gun towards his father. As this reality swept over Jessica, she tried to scream but found her mouth was stuffed with a piece of her cloth. All she remembered was his demonic expression as he revealed his plan to her and then he got a call. She faintly heard the voice on the other side of the call. All she could make out was that it said "IT'S TIME" and then with a swift blow Michael knocked her out cold.

Michael took a few steps back and shot towards the ground. Bachman felt a sudden burst of heat rising up as flames erupted form the ground beneath him. That's when Bachman realized that it was kerosene he smelled when he first entered the building. The fire was surrounding him in a perfect circle and the inner edges of that circle was closed off with an iron lining. It protected the fire from closing in on him but worse that than it made sure that he was trapped.

Bachman tried to analyze the situation as calmly as possible and started taking metal notes of what he had learned up until now. First that there was a bomb around his daughter so he couldn't afford to be reckless even for a second. Second this guy is really smart and if that's the case then he couldn't be sure of anything but he knew one thing that this guy would have a backup plan. Even if he could come out of this hell hole, trying to take him head on would be the most idiotic move he could make. He was younger which means his speed and stamina was considerably better than his and the way he took his gun, it wasn't something a normal guy would have been able to, it was a legit karv maga move. Karv maga is an Israeli martial art develop for it's army and Special Forces and also the world's most deadly martial art used for one single purpose. To kill. He learned it during his blacktops training but was proficient with it, still he had fought enough guys that were to tell that this guy was good. He hated it but even he had to admit he was outclassed. But he was alive and perhaps that was the biggest clue. Bachman knew that if he wanted, Michael would have killed him and Jessica 10 time over by now but he stage such an elaborate trap just to get him. All that mattered now was to save Jessica and get both of them out of here as fast as possible.

He decided that talking was his best and perhaps his only option so he could understand him. "At first I thought you wanted Jessica but then when you called I figured you want me and Jessica was the bait. But I am still alive. So what do you want?" Bachman asked him. "All I want is too see the pain in your eyes when I do this" and as Michael said that he pointed the gun's barrel towards Jessica. "No wait!" Bachman screamed but his scream was useless as Michael, without even blinking an eye. Fired.