Chapter 1

I sat patiently in my room, reading a book. It was 4:31 pm, and Kaitlyn, Taylor and Mary were coming over for a sleepover. As I pushed up my glasses and turned the page, my mom poked her head through the cracked door.

"Dad and I are leaving now, there's $20 on the counter for pizza tonight. You girls have fun, and behave." My mother said as she walked in and gave me a quick hug. "Bye, Mom." I said, still engulfed in my story.

About half an hour later, long after my parents left, I heard the doorbell go off downstairs. I set down my novel and bolted out my bedroom door, down the winding staircase, and up to the front of the house, startling my brunette friend.

"Hey Kaitlyn! Sorry if I scared you." I greeted cheerfully.

She laughed quietly. "Hi Jessie!"

We went back up into my room and flopped onto the plush mattress. Kaitlyn dropped her backpack on the shaggy rug and sat next to me.

"What kind of fun things do you have planned for the squad tonight?" Kaitlyn asked, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Oh, well," I began, picking up a few DVD's that were perched on top of my dresser.

"I have retrieved these sacred videos with titles such as, 'Scream', 'Hush', and 'Hotel Transilvania'." I finished.

"Where did Hotel Transilvania come from?" Kaitlyn asked with a smile.

"Wait.. wha- GOD DANGIT LIAM!" I yelled. "My little brat for a brother switched 'It' out with a kids movie!"

Kaitlyn and I instantly bursted into light giggles from the sentence. Once we regained our composure, there was another knock at the door. My best friend and I greeted Taylor and Mary outside the large wooden front door.

All four of us wandered into the kitchen to be greeted by the money my mom left for us.

"Oh, what's the money for?" Taylor quickly snatched the $20 bill.

I explained that my mom left us money for pizza. Not so soon after that, we were all huddled around the house phone, checking the scribbled Pizza Hut number written on a post it note stuck to the fridge (we all agreed on pepperoni).

*time pass to the four girls sprawled out across Jessie's room*

"Okay. Truth or dare, Taylor?" Mary asked with a smirk.

"Oh, obviously dare. Just don't make me call Adam again to tell him I like him!" Taylor blushed.

I snapped my fingers. "Darn it! That's exactly what I was gonna make you do!"

"Fiiiiiine, I guess I'll have to think of something else--" Mary was cut off by the sound of someone knocking on the door. Everyone fell silent.